Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Somebody is going to have to explain this too far forward deal. Qtr away and exited behind off side shoulde. This is too far back if anything.
    Exit looks to be on the fron tip of the off shoulder

Comment

i hate agreeing with smart out of principle . . . . . but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

an arrow goes high into a lung doesn't exit . . . . gives no way for the air to ventilate the lungs so the deer doesn't run out of air. The arrow hits high in the lungs and starts to bleed . . . . deer run knows he's hurt but can still operate. Lungs continue to fill with blood and he essentially drowns on his blood vs a loss of air due to holes in the lungs.

To me this is a hair (and I mean a hair) forward hit the heavy stuff on back side. I'd bet this deer laid down again and when those lungs filled with enough blood he couldn't get up. He's not far from where he was last seen. No question for me that's not back . . . . . . . its forward and a bit high if its anything.

quartering away like that you almost want to nail the liver on the front side and it'll blow the lungs out the back side. Thats why i'm saying forward it's perfect for a perfect broadside

Comment

I went through this 3 yrs ago. Good luck

Comment

Somebody is going to have to explain this too far forward deal. Qtr away and exited behind off side shoulde. This is too far back if anything.
          Where do you get that it exited behind off side shoulder? I don't think it exited at all plus, that would be near impossible with this entrance at that angle. If anything it would have been forward of offside shoulder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a89dc922aebef3d33122d5a3f7c2a641.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	24334500

Comment

That's crazy after that shot.... he should be dead!

Comment

From my prospective the entry is to far forward for that angle.
              The exit in the video is right in front of the opposite shoulder (or in the front part of the shoulder)

I would hope to enter the deer about 4-6'' back of where it hit and exit close to the same spot as in the video. Then it would have center punched both lungs and it would have died in sight. As i see it in the vid. it barely caught some of the 1st lung and barely clipped the second.
              This is just how i see it

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! Just got out of the house and will be gone for a few hours. He would be by biggest deer ever gun or bow and only my second bow buck ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Where do you get that it exited behind off side shoulder? I don't think it exited at all plus, that would be near impossible with this entrance at that angle. If anything it would have been forward of offside shoulder.

[ATTACH]657448[/ATTACH]
                  X2

It didn't exit. The video shows him standing with the arrow in him
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 10-03-2014, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                    Thanks for the encouragement guys!! Just got out of the house and will be gone for a few hours. He would be by biggest deer ever gun or bow and only my second bow buck ever.
                    I can stand it and it ain't even my deer! Hurry back

Comment

I don't think you could ask for a better shot. Any chance that the arrow caught the opposite shoulder? It looked like he was limping more on the left?? Crazy to see the arrow just hanging out!

Youll get em!

Comment

Noooooo! We need closure

Comment

he dead, maybe get some new broadheads for the next buck! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[ATTACH]657448[/ATTACH]
                            My bad. Video won't play for me and I mis-read the OP's post regarding this.

Still Don't see it being forward based on screen capture he posted.

Comment

I hope the buzzards and yotes don't ruin him for you. But I believe you'll find him. Look forward to seeing LDP's

Comment

Correction, He IS your biggest deer. You gonna have this deer hanging up today! Just hang in there, I know your feelings all too well.

Comment

Working...
                                X