Going after this buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going after this buck

I have 6 year history with this buck. He was a nub buck the year I TTT'd (darted on a low fence ranch my dad has hunted 29 years and largest buck killed to date 176) and transported to my ranch the year I bought it. He was a 1o with 2 kickers at 2, a 14 at 3, 17 points at 4 and 5 and now has 16 at 6 years old. He probably is within 5 inches of last years score. I have yet to find any of his sheds and he is the most elusive buck I have hunted. He hides from the trail cams even when growing. I have not seen him live but 2 times in 3 years and I am at the ranch at least 1 time per week.
    I could have shot him with a rifle last year during the rut on one hunt but no chance with a bow. I am hoping to catch him this weekend chasing a doe, but its bow or no go. Tough decision as I have a lot of emotion tied up with this deer. First true trophy on my own place.

What do you think he scores?
    P.S. he has a tag in his ear which was required by law, but he is not a breeder deer. I do raise and release some bucks now but he is from low fence ranch.

Last 2 pics are of him last year.
    Attached Files

very nice, GL

Comment

He is going to score well with all that extra bone, good luck

Comment

180's

Comment

Score

Originally posted by swgreen View Post
          180's
          I sure hope your correct and I think you are close. I estimated him to be high 70's to low 80's. He is a toad with big body

Comment

He scores big...

Good luck getting him!

Comment

Good looking deer. He should easily hit the 170 mark.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Comment

I agree, 180

Comment

Working...
                    X