Finally on the board with a Slickhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally on the board with a Slickhead

Not much of a story, started hunting in November and I haven’t seen a mature buck yet. Been a lot of gun shots on the neighboring properties, hoping it’s not the 3.5 YO bucks we’ve been passing on, but… you know how it goes
    Got to go to the lease on Tuesday and had 5 deer show up early eating on some hand thrown corn. 2 Does and 3 yearlings picked the larger doe as she presented a perfect broadside target at 20 yrds. Got a great shot and she went down within 40 yards. Only problem couldn’t find my Arrow. Another $30 dollars or so… Easton Axis with a Rage 3 blade and Burt Coyote nock. Oh yea and this was shot with my Bowtech Airborne. I didn’t get any LDP’s because I was by myself, but I did get a 4Wheeler pic.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
    Not much of a story, started hunting in November and I haven’t seen a mature buck yet. Been a lot of gun shots on the neighboring properties, hoping it’s not the 3.5 YO bucks we’ve been passing on, but… you know how it goes
    Got to go to the lease on Tuesday and had 5 deer show up early eating on some hand thrown corn. 2 Does and 3 yearlings picked the larger doe as she presented a perfect broadside target at 20 yrds. Got a great shot and she went down within 40 yards. Only problem couldn’t find my Arrow. Another $30 dollars or so… Easton Axis with a Rage 3 blade and Burt Coyote nock. Oh yea and this was shot with my Bowtech Airborne. I didn’t get any LDP’s because I was by myself, but I did get a 4Wheeler pic.
    Congrats

Comment

Another pic

My wife got mad at me because I texted this pic to her phone
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, freezer meat

Comment

Congrats. ....my wife got mad that I butchered a deer on the kitchen table. First time I had taken a deer after graduating college. She came home from shopping and flipped out. Me and my buddies laughed and asked her to order a pizza for us. More grossed out than mad.

Comment

My Son's GF did the same thing. I had to ask, where she thought Meat came from...lol That burger or steak she ate was processed the same way, she just walked away with that That's Gross Look.

Comment

My wife is the same way. I acted like that one time when she came home from shopping with a bunch of bags in her hand. Told her that it isn't any fun being on the other end of it. She got my point and doesn't say much anymore.

Comment

Sweet nice deer

Comment

Nice.
                      Congrats.
                      BTW - download TimerCam (free) to your phone and you can take timed pictures with you in the pic. I seemed to always get deer when no one else was at the lease too. This solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        Nice.
                        Congrats.
                        BTW - download TimerCam (free) to your phone and you can take timed pictures with you in the pic. I seemed to always get deer when no one else was at the lease too. This solves the problem.
                        Cool, Thanks I'll grab it and try it out. I like the Free Apps

Comment

Congrats to you.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X