Legal Or Not Argument: Buzzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal Or Not Argument: Buzzards

Saw a guy lifting a shotgun to a buzzard last weekend, I was like, "hey are trying to get arrested?" He was like, "what? its a friggin buzzard!?" I was like (with absolutely no proof) "they're illegal to shoot!" He was like "No!" So am I the idiot???

totally illegal to kill buzzards

Comment

I'd let the idiot shoot the buzzard if he wanted but I wouldn't be anywhere near it.
      It IS illegal to kill buzzards. I think they fall into the birds of prey, even though they're scavengers.

Comment

Yep...illegal.

Comment

i went home and looked it up in the TXPKWild life hand book and couldn't find info. can one of you direct me? thanks

Comment

Buzzards are a Federal Migratory Game Bird! Totallly illegal to shoot buzzards. Bad move.

Comment

Protected by the USFWS Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1969.

Comment

Just out of courosity why was he going to shoot the buzzard?

Comment

I think the TPWD book says that ALL birds are protected unless specifically mentioned.

There is a buzzard close to where I hunt that has an arrow shaft completely throught the chest and back. I've seen it 5 or 6 times this year, and I've been told it's been like that for 1 1/2 years. Flies around without any problem.

Comment

Let him shoot it then call 1-800 gamestop. I think GW could make it clear to him.

Comment

Don't kill a buzzard unless you're willing to take over their job!

Comment

Tell that idiot to read the free book that comes with his hunting license.

Comment

good grief, tell him to go shoot some skeet.

Comment

I'm assuming this fellow doesn't practice "Eat what you kill".

Comment

I am not even form Texas and I know that is illegal.

Comment

Working...
                              X