Second Bow Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Bow Kill

Spent the weekend hunting Trinity County and had a spike come in around 7:40 or so in the morning. While he was coming in from one direction, a doe came in from another area and acted like she was expecting him to chase her a bit and ran off almost immediately. I thought he would chase her but he didn't hardly pay her any attention and just kept coming in closer. He fed a little bit but was facing directly toward me for several minutes before acting spooked. He turned and ran about 5 or 10 yards and I pulled back as soon as he ran. Luckily, he stopped right at about 25 yards but was behind a bush. I needed him to take 2 steps forward before i had a shot and he just stood there for about 30 or 45 seconds and finally took the 2 steps. I released and could tell it was a pretty good shot - maybe a hair back. Well I gave him about an hour and 15 minutes just in case it was further back than I thought and started looking for him. I found my arrow and it has decent blood but there was absolutely no blood trail. I looked a bit for anything and walked aimlessly looking around and went back to where I shot him. I saw where the leaves had been kicked up and started following the disturbed leaves. I came to an area where it was more grassy and started looking around and saw what looked like a log next to a tree. I almost kept walking and decided to go check it out and sure enough, he had crashed next to the tree. I double lunged him, but the shot was a bit too high to leave a blood trail. When we threw him on the forklift, that's when all of the blood came gushing out. All in all, he went about 50 yards. I use a Mathews Drenalin and Rage Hypodermic broadheads. Had my shot been lower, I would have had an amazing blood trail. Was super pumped about recovring him after things started out looking pretty iffy. I forgot to take pictures before we cleaned him so I took pics with the head afterwards.
    Attached Files

Congrats man!!

Comment

Nice! looks tasty..

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats