Bandera Doe Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandera Doe Down!

Went out with some buddies to Bandera to hunt this past weekend and Friday afternoon I shot this doe. We bow hunt but always go out there opening gun weekend. The weather was perfect and the oats we planted about a month ago are coming up nicely from the recent rain.

I shot this one out of a tripod on the edge of one of our oat patches. She was directly downwind and she snorted and was about to bolt out of there but I shot quickly and hit a little high. It pinned her to the ground!

Hopefully one of us will get a buck out there this year and I will share it. We have about a 10:1 doe to buck ratio and need to lay down some more does....

I will post the pic pin a minute.

Anyone else hunt Bandera?

congrats! need some help with that ratio? haha

Comment

Here is a photo. First deer hunt after the season after going elk hunting in Colorado in Sept. with no success. Didn't take long...it came out after about an hour and a half on Friday... I was needing to fill the freezer!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hully...I totally would offer!! But, It's my friend's family place...

Comment

congrats on the pin and the win!!

VE to ya!!

Comment

Congrats on the doe. I hunt between Bandera and Medina. What area were y'all hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
              Hully...I totally would offer!! But, It's my friend's family place...

Comment

Hey axis guy we're off 1077 about 15 minutes west of town. We saw some little bucks and need to do some more culling and doe kills and hopefully catch the bucks around the rut. Is that usually around Thanksgiving where you are?

Comment

congrats

Comment

Bandera Doe Down!

Yes. It's around then. I like to take off a week or two to be there at that time.

Comment

I hunt Pipe Creek it was Dead this weekend corn piled under the feeders didn't see but one 4 point at about 600 yds

Comment

Yes! Not a single thing at a feeder except rabbits where I was. I tried stalking and found deer everywhere eating acorns and didn't want corn.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X