9 year olds first deer - lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 year olds first deer - lots of pics

My 9 year old boy has been begging me to go deer hunting since a week before the season opened. He has been several years, but every time we have one in range, he decides to pass. I figured it would be the same this year. So we decided to skip some sports last night and go deer hunting. We got there really late and as we were walking to the ground blind I saw a doe entering the field that I had hand corned. I told him to hurry and get in the blind. We sounded like a pack of elephants. We got settled in and I could see one doe at about 75 yards. My boy told me he saw 5 and he was really excited. Then he told me he wants to shoot a buck. I said ok. Two minutes later the deer moved out into the opening and he said I want to shoot a doe and he was shaking. About then I heard a meow in the distance. One of our kittens must have followed us. Then it sounds like another pack of elephants coming through the woods behind us and all of the sudden there is a black kitten at my feet. The does start to swing their heads back and forth trying to figure out what is going on. They circle around us to try to get down wind, but luckily they couldn't get totally down wind because of some thick bushes. I knew they were off to my left somewhere and my boy said they are right there. He was right. They were about 10 yards to my front left coming out of some bushes. Now the kitten decides it wants to go out the front of the blind and run across the field. As it does that, the deer watch and then are totally relaxed. I guess they thought all the noise was just the kitten. Now a second kitten shows up. It decides it wants to go through the shooting window of the blind. It jumps up and goes through the window with the deer at 10 yards. My boy starts laughing. The deer don't care. They work their way to my hand corn and finally start to separate. The biggest one runs to the fence where my game camera is hanging then turns around. She offered a perfect broadside shot at 15 yards with nothing in the background. My boy aims and takes his time, he slowly pulls the trigger of his crossbow and it looks like a great hit. I stand up and pull him up to watch them run off. He starts yelling. The deer goes about 50 yards straight and turns and jumps the fence into our other pasture. She walks about 20-30 yards and falls over. We waited about 10-15 minutes to recover her. Even though we knew where it was, I had him blood track it.

Enjoy the pics. A couple are blurry.

Proud new bow hunter.

In the blind.

First kitten going under the blind.

Second kitten going through the window.

This is him asking which one to shoot.

A couple blurry after the shot.

The entrance hole.

PROUD DAD!

Congratulations to you both. Successful hunt, and a great shot as well.

Comment

Looks like you both had fun making memories.

Comment

Congrats to him

Comment

Congrats to the little guy. That is awesome!!

Comment

Awesome Dad. Congrats to your son

Comment

great memories

Comment

What a great day. My 10 yr old daughter took her first deer last year with a crossbow. I remember it well. Great memories dad and congrats to the little man

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats to your son. Very exciting.

Comment

congrats to your boy...ill never forget my first deer.

Comment

Congrats and great shot!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Awesome! This is why I love that they allow Crossbows during archery season!

Comment

Working...
                              X