be careful what you wish for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be careful what you wish for

well I moved onto a new lease before last years deer season and when i moved the owner said the deer where good but has never seen a hog on the land in Coleman co. this land hadn't been hunted on in 15 years it did take some time to get the deer coming in regularly and there was nothing big to speak of till this year. Now i remember saying i wish there were a few pigs out there to shoot during the rest of the year but i had no idea what i was going to end up with in the past couple months. the bucks are looking alot better this year but these pigs all i can say is wow...

here are some pics
    Attached Files

That is a target rich picture.

KAP!!!

Comment

Hammer time!

Comment

Time to go hogg hunting.

Comment

Looks like fun.

Comment

Kap!

Comment

Time to put in some work!

Comment

He said he never saw a hog. They have always been in herds

Comment

Yeah my buddy down in Brownwood said the same thing about hogs rerding he wishes he had some to shoot at after season!!! Now sign is showing they may be covered up!!! Hope they don't run ALL the deer off!!!

Comment

Target rich environment for sure!! Lol

Comment

I've probably killed over 100 hogs on our place over the years. I grew up out there a from a baby, to now, 26 years later. Our pigs are close to 100% nocturnal. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen one in daylight, and never once killed one in light hours. Heards of 10-20 usually, sometimes 30-40.

It's not that hard to never see any if you don't really know what to look for.

Comment

One of these days, ya'll are gonna wish you would have never heard of hogs.

Comment

Willing to trade ranch work for a bow hunt.

If you need help thinning out the heard I'm here to help.

Comment

When I say I hadn't seen a hog out there till a couple months ago I mean not in person no sign and nothing on trail cams that I have had running on my feeders year round. so far the deer don't mind them very much some deer will stay and eat with the pigs right there the rest seem to just go to another feeder. I'm going out this weekend to stick as many as i can day and night. with bow and crossbow with hog lights..

Comment

I'm just a little ways down the road. I'll gladly kill as many as you want, and I'll work 24/7

Comment

Working...
                              X