Finally got my first Bow Deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my first Bow Deer!

It only took me about 3 yrs! I was at the lease saturday hunting my pop up blind for a total of 9 hrs that day. I saw more deer that day than i have ever seen in one day at our lease, about 16 total. All the bucks and yearlings just walk right up to the corn and start munching and could care less about the pop up blind but the mature does were very wary and cautious of it and stayed just out of range for a good shot. I have already gotten my buck out there with a rifle so i have been after a mature doe ever since. Well finally right at sunset a mature doe slowly moves into a spot where I can get a shot( I was thrilled because I had been watching does all day but non gave me a shot opportunity). She was slightly quartering away at about 23 yards and as I drew back a young buck was about 12 yards away from the pop up just watching me do this! I put the pin right behind her shoulder and let it rip, literally! She exploded out of there and crashed about 40 yards away! It sounded like a car wreck out in the woods! FINALLY!!!! I was so excited. I was out there all alone and the batteries in my camera were dead so I don't have any LDP's.The scary part was when I was dragging her out at dark I heard a hog growling at me from about 40 yards away!!! I dragged her a little further and stopped and listened and again the hog growled at me. EEEK! I started dragging that doe as fast as I could and my thighs were burning man!! She was a very large doe and I am proud. Anyway thanks for reading, sorry for the long post and no pics but I still had to share!

Congrats!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats on the doe!

Them hog growls are spooky, but if it makes you feel any better the 60#ers sounds like a 160#ers.

Comment

Congratulations on the doe.

Comment

That is awesome, man. I completely know what your thoughts are....I too am waiting for that first shot. Great to pre-live through it with your write-up.

Comment

Congrats on your first!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations again, Daniel. Well done.
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Congrats on the first!

Comment

Congrats on the doe

Comment

Congrats on the bow kill

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your first deer. Ain't it exciteing?

Comment

Congrats on your first!

Comment

Working...
                              X