First bow kill!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bow kill!!

This past week I went on an exotic hunt at Mobley Ranch with COA. The first day a blackbuck walked out and in the moment of me possibly getting my first big animal bow kill, I was shaking so bad, and choked and completely missed him . I shot way to the left . So that had me pretty bummed out for a little while, but fortunately I was able to bounce back and shoot my bow some more and get back on track.

I was now hunting for a big axis buck, but not the biggest, because they were wanting way too much for him, but unfortunately he was pretty much the only buck I saw.

Come thursday (2nd to last day) needless to say i got much less picky! On thursday evening I was sitting in a rifle blind bowhunting, when some buffalo started to walk in. I drew back on them at least 4 times without one giving me a shot. They were under the stand, shaking the stand, walking the fence line, doing anything but giving me a shot. Finally the biggest bull in the bunch turned broadside and offered me a shot. I drew aimed and fired... PERFECT SHOT! Right on the crease behind the shoulder, the arrow passed through and I was pumped! Unfortunately he was slightly quartering towards me so I most likely only got 1 lung because he ran 20 yards and was just standing there for 5 min. So I rangefindered him at 40, drew back and the string on the peep sight fell!! I still shot because I could still see, but just clipped the spine. He ran about 50 yards when we found him bedded with his buddies standing up. I was told that if he gets up to blast him in the shoulder with my 165 grain 30-06. Well needless to say he got up when the other 2 started walking and CHABOOM!! I blasted him in the shoulder and he dropped! I thought he was done for, but he thought other wise and got back up, so I sent some more lead into his shoulder and he dropped! Surely this must be it, he cant take 330 grains of lead, and 2 arrows and be alive! Sure enough we werent dealing with a regular buffalo, this was a zombie buffalo!! He was trying to get back up on his front legs!! I racked another bullet in and blasted him again! That was the finishing blow! He dropped and started kicking! He would have died from the arrow that night but the gun was mercy killing him. I could not be more proud of him!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1646.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24970127

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24970126

Nice

Comment