Thompson Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple

I know there are quite a few of y'all on here that have hunted Thompson Temple recently. I have a trip planned in about a month to go on a Ram hunt. I want to know what its like. I have heard good reviews and bad reviews, one review saying, you hunt in a 50 acre high fenced pasture? Its a little late to get my deposit back so im gonna go but I just want to know what to expect. I am hoping for a little bit of a challenge.

Thanks in advance GS

TTT someone help!!!!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Search button works real well. There is pages and pages of TT discussion

Comment

Walk up the big hill behind his house and you can find some wild ones that are hard to hunt. A buddy and I were after 2 really big non tagged Merinos and 2 really nice non tagged dalls up there last time we were there. They were just as wild as any whitetail I've hunted. By the way they were a little smarter than us and a lot faster and we never even got a shot at one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            Search button works real well. There is pages and pages of TT discussion

Recently was my key word.

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
              Recently was my key word.
              Everything is still the same except a few things...

Housing is much better. Much much better than 5 years ago. Better look out blind to watch the rams. Prices may be increasing shortly though....

Comment

Went last weekend. Great hunt. Even if u choose to hunt the mountain pasture you will find plenty of challenge in the mountainous terrain and heavy vegetation this year. If not enough of a challenge? From the A frame go straight up over the mountain. You will be a whipped pup by the time u get back with or without a ram. Or you can go to stand one and shoot the first one that walks by. Easy or hard as u want.

Comment

Awesome... how many animals did you see out there

Comment

Went bout 15 yrs ago. Udrive or climb the huge mountain,which is steep, hunt around the top of it. There was two areas, bow and rifle. Some rams are wild but most are kinda tame. Had a Texas dall follow me to my blind. Go fiqure. Cost me 185.00 back then. Fun hunt with friends and beautiful views... aint that whats it all about anyway. The harvesting is a bonus.

Comment

When do you plan on going? I want to take my daughter on a hunt.

Comment

We are going 19-21 of July. Next weekend!

Comment

Good luck bro!!! Post pics!!! My best advice is to take a backpack with a couple bottles of water... u will need it..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X