BlackBuck down by new BowTech TomKat !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlackBuck down by new BowTech TomKat !

This past weekend was only the second time I was able to go hunting this year. I purchased a BowTech TomKat from Sante Fe Archery several months ago, but have been too busy at work to go hunting. This weekend me and the two owners of the company went to the V5 Ranch in Rock Springs. We arrived late thursday afternoon on 12-7-06. Woke up friday to about 25 degrees outside and went to the stands, not afraid to admit I was freezing sitting in the stand until 9:00. Seen alot of game but wanted to shoot an Axis doe or a hog, but they never showed. Hunted friday evening and saturday morning again seeing alot of whitetails but no axis. Everyone else told me they had Axis at the feeders, exept for wherever I went, go figure. Late Saturday afternoon I decided to go on a stalk for some nice BlackBuck at the front of the property. Being the only Bowhunter on the property at the time, the rifle hunters expressed their doubt's about me being succesful. All the more reason to give it a shot. I was within 100 yards of them at this time and glassed for the best one out of the three that I was watching. Took my time and always kept brush or a tree between me and the BlackBuck and tried not to push them to hard. They always kept walking at a steady pace but luckely they never took off running, I was suprised but stayed after them. They where walking around a thick clump of trees and took a gamble and took off thru the middle of the trees. They came from my left to about 40 yards and i took the shot. Made a good shot and he jumped high in the air and ran about 50 yards and piled up. I was truley exited.

nice black buck...congrats

Comment

Congrats on the BB.

Comment

Congrats on a fine animal

Comment

Nice BB! Congrats!!

Comment

You're one bad dude to put a stalk on a blackbuck!
            Congrats!

Comment

Eric ,Congrads in a successful BlackBuck stalk!Thats a nice buck-I've myself have stalked within 40 yards of a Mature BlackBuck ,but never got a chance at releasin' a arrow at him!Congrads again on the successful bowkill!

Comment

Great BB and congrats on the stalk at that!

Comment

Congrats! He's a beauty!

Comment

congrats on a nice blackbuck

Comment

Good lookin' BB. Way to show those rifle hunters how its done

Comment

If a man is too busy to go hunting, a man is too busy! Congrats on the Black buck!!

Comment

Nice BB. Big congrats!!!

Comment

Thats good shooting at 40 yards (smallish target).

Congrats on the BB!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X