Live @ Baker 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KarlGansen View Post
    FIL and I both got corsicans. Will try to post pics.
    Awesome. Congrats. Anybody
    Else shoot anything?

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Good luck! I bet its pretty green there right now which will make the axis hunting tough.

Comment

Well I found alot of axis but to late to seal the deal...Only for sure shot was at a small buck maybe 24" or so but their was a big one in the herd roaring and he never came out for a clear shot. The turkeys are crazy there!! I have never in my life seen so many as I did on the Taylor...hundreds is not even an exaggeration. Beautiful ranch, tons of animals, and a very fun hunt. Definitely will be going again soon. Phone reception only one place on the ranch in my tripod on a windmill in the front of Pasture 1. You climbed down and the signal was lost..lol..Any other questions PM me and I will reply..Yes there were animals killed Karl might be able to help with the final tally.

Comment

Very green

Whole ranch is very green
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hunterbabe View Post
              Well I found alot of axis but to late to seal the deal...Only for sure shot was at a small buck maybe 24" or so but their was a big one in the herd roaring and he never came out for a clear shot. The turkeys are crazy there!! I have never in my life seen so many as I did on the Taylor...hundreds is not even an exaggeration. Beautiful ranch, tons of animals, and a very fun hunt. Definitely will be going again soon. Phone reception only one place on the ranch in my tripod on a windmill in the front of Pasture 1. You climbed down and the signal was lost..lol..Any other questions PM me and I will reply..Yes there were animals killed Karl might be able to help with the final tally.
              Thanks for the update. Van't wait to get down there At the end of the month.

Comment

Axis are predictable. If they moved through an area at a certain time, setup there and wiat for them tomorrow. They will be back.

Comment

Glad you had a good time. Sorry you didn't get your axis. Thanks for posting the picture of the scenery. It sure is nice to see how that area has bounced back. 1.5 years ago it was looking rough. It is an awesome place though.

Comment

just got back from there today no luck for me buddy mine saw a big one said it was probably 36"+ with 14" brows wind switched on him and a doe barked at him..lots of critters and cant wait to go back.. there was only 2 bucks killed on the weekend one was ok and the other one was 31 1/2" and 31" wide.

Comment

What pasture do you know?

Comment

airport and west

Comment

Working...
                        X