Good weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good weekend.

Well finally getting around to posting about my last weekend. Myself, Branden(camo_cowboy) and a few buddies from my unit and an old friend all went down to my ranch outside rocksprings to do a little hog hunting. Two of my buddies ha never killed anything before and one of them had never even hunted before.
    We arrived Thursday night pretty late with feed in the bed of the truck. Rain wasn't really in the forecast, however it came down with a vengeance. 14 or so hours it poured non-stop through the night and most of the next day. The rain forced us to sit out the Friday morning hunt. Also it desentegrated the paper bags of feed pretty well ruined all the protien and we ended up shoveling the corn into plastic bags.
    Keeping up with motivated hunters we set out the evening and split up pretty well. Right off the bat I started hearing rifle cracks. So I knew buddies in two spots had pigs. Both friends tht had never killed before ended up with their firsts. One shot about a 70-80# sow an turns out the other had shot about a 110# sow that had babies in her.
    Right around 8 I had 6 piglets in the 15-20# range pop out. I waited for the mom to come out but she wouldn't so I decided to just line 2 up and let the slick trick eat. Beautiful shot put it tight to the shoulder on both. They ran about 20 yards and I heard them crash.
    5 minutes go by and I hear another crack, turns out the remaining piglets ran to the setup of him an he put the hurt on another pig. A 5 hog night between 3 folks ain't bad at all. Branden and I stayed up till like 330 or so busting them down into coolers and enduring many hog flea bites. The next morning we woke up and immediately realized we were too tired to go out.
    That evening we all hunted and Branden was the lucky duck and had the remaining 3 piglets come into him and he was able to stick one. We packed up and headed back that night and I started the piglets in the smoker at 330 Sunday. Boy tht was some delicious eating right there, wish I coulda shared with everyone.

I tried posting pics as I made this post but tap is acting up. Will add the pics as soon as possible.

Or if someone can post them up for me I can send em over.

Comment

Way to stay with it and hunt despite the issues. Were they bow kills?

Comment

3 were bow kills, plus a bow killed coon

Comment

cool. congrats.

Comment

congrats

Comment

jarett when i get home from work tonight ill post them pics up

Comment

[ATTACH]500075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500078[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]500079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500082[/ATTACH]

Comment

Congrats on all the kills.

Comment

[ATTACH]500085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]500086[/ATTACH]

Comment

thats a pretty gun, matt shot that sow with

Comment

Congrats to you men. That's the way to get er DONE.

Comment

What? No video! Disappointing bro!

Congrats on them pigs. Looks like y'all made short work of em.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                              What? No video! Disappointing bro!

Congrats on them pigs. Looks like y'all made short work of em.
                              Haha I don't know how to get the video to load. And it has some harsh language and some made content haha

Comment

Working...
                              X