Successful 3rd annual Three Fingers Bowhunting trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful 3rd annual Three Fingers Bowhunting trip

Sawyer (bu2herndog) and a couple buddies made it down to 3 Finger Bowhunting ranch in Fairfield, Texas this weekend. We have been down to 3FB 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years, but this particular weekend in March has been an annual trip. Bu2herndog has had his mind set on an Ibex for close to a year and I was up in the air when arriving as to what I would try to hunt. It didnt take long to make up my mind because for the first time ever, the animals cooperated and at 7:05 am on Saturday morning bu2herndog and I both had our animals on the ground with no tracking needed. The guys at 3FB (Ryan and Ben) did their homework and out of the 10 or so stands on the property, they managed to put us in the perfect spots to harvest some great trophies. This wasnt an easy task with 20+ mph wind to worry about. Sawyer tagged the ibex he was after and I laid the smack down on a Sika buck. Later that afternoon Sawyer and I did some spot an stalk/population control on some hogs. It just so happened that the ones that messed up and presented shots happened to be small. I took the red one and Sawyer skewered the 3 piglets with one arrow. Great trip to 3FB. We look forward to returning as always.

Oh yeah and Sawyer shot a hog on Friday evening that I dont have a picture of.

Thanks to Ryan, Ben, Sawyer, Rob and Jeff for a great weekend of hunting to close out this season. Time to start looking forward to September again.
    Attached Files

Great write up, Travis. I had a blast as always.

3rd animal I have shot down there that will earn a spot on my wall. Definitely the first time things worked out with us as good as they did.

Can't wait to do it again in the near future.

Thanks for looking guys and thanks to the 3FB crew for ensure a great time.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

3 with 1 arrow, that's awesome!

Comment

congrats, nice sika and ibex.

Comment

nice work guys....those are some good trophies. I need to get down there soon

Comment

Congrats on the animals!

Comment

Congrats Travis and Sawyer! Nice lookin animals there!

Comment

Still need to check this place out. My sisters in Fairfield, this would be a great reason for a trip to visit. Great work on the critters.

Comment

Nice!! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                      3 with 1 arrow, that's awesome!
                      It was definitely something I haven't ever done before. I don't know what I was more impressed with.....the fact I killed 3 pigs with 1 arrow or my shot placement on the initial hog at the distance I was shooting. Either way it was awesome.

Comment

Puttin the hammer down on some bacon! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
                          Congrats!
                          Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
                          congrats, nice sika and ibex.
                          Originally posted by wlo11 View Post
                          nice work guys....those are some good trophies. I need to get down there soon
                          Originally posted by tomcat3030 View Post
                          Congrats on the animals!
                          Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                          Congrats Travis and Sawyer! Nice lookin animals there!
                          Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                          Still need to check this place out. My sisters in Fairfield, this would be a great reason for a trip to visit. Great work on the critters.
                          Originally posted by hunter_chick5 View Post
                          Nice!! Congrats!!
                          Originally posted by bu2herndog View Post
                          It was definitely something I haven't ever done before. I don't know what I was more impressed with.....the fact I killed 3 pigs with 1 arrow or my shot placement on the initial hog at the distance I was shooting. Either way it was awesome.
                          Thanks guys. It was a great weekend and as always a target rich environment.

Comment

congrats

Comment

congrats fellas!! Looks like a great time. 3 with 1 arrow is unreal.

Comment

Working...
                              X