No announcement yet.

Threadgills at First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, so do you maybe do like half a day getting there and half a day leaving to set up or is it that you are walking in blind and just setting up?

Comment

Bo was letting people show up a day before so they can set up and scout. They just have to pay a fee for bed space, if available! It was well worth it because some of the guys who did that went home with a deer!

Comment

Good deal...that's what I was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilazo View Post
          Dang Billy, what is wrong with your face Bro
          And you need to post your story
          lol, I'm not Billy. My dad and brother are both Billy, so not sure which one you are refering too.

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson23 View Post
            hmm, so do you maybe do like half a day getting there and half a day leaving to set up or is it that you are walking in blind and just setting up?
            We booked for 4 days each time. An afternoon hunt, three full days, then one last morning hunt. We get there about 11am the first day, get everything moved into the room, then go out and glass the road the first afternoon. The next morning, depending on how the afternoon went, we either glass again or sleep in. At 9am you're allowed to start brushing in a blind. Normally takes 3-4 hours then we head back to the camp to shower and get ready for the afternoon hunt. We normally go on a Friday, so we get to acually hunt from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday morning. The last time we went, my uncle glassed the first afternoon, but the next morning he actually hunted. He just found a spot where an old blind had been and set up a chair. He had a nice 8 come out, but he never got a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Threadgill View Post
              lol, I'm not Billy. My dad and brother are both Billy, so not sure which one you are referring too.
              Sorry for the confusion - I was actually talking to Threadgill Jr. Glad y'all had such a successful year. I shot at a 12 two years ago not far from where Jr got lucky LOL... And he knows he was - dang matrix deer

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilazo View Post
                I shot at a 12 two years ago not far from where Jr got lucky LOL... And he knows he was - dang matrix deer
                Lol! Yup, definitely lucky

Comment

Great bucks. Congrats

Comment

I missed a 120 class 8 out of that brush blind Saturday morning...no excuse!!!!!!!!

GREAT DEER!

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                      I missed a 120 class 8 out of that brush blind Saturday morning...no excuse!!!!!!!!

GREAT DEER!
                      My brother and dad both saw that 8 too. That's what I was hunting when my 10 came out.

Comment

Y'all kicked some butt! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Threadgill View Post
                          My brother and dad both saw that 8 too. That's what I was hunting when my 10 came out.
                          He came back Sunday morning too, but 2 sandhill cranes were under the feeder and he wanted no part of it. Next year!

Comment

Very nice congrats

Comment

Here is a another pic of Billy's buck.

Comment

great deer

Comment

Working...
                                X