First Bow Buck Big 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bow Buck Big 8

Finally, after 6 long years of serious bowhunting I was able to harvest my first whitetail buck! What makes it even sweeter, is that he's going to score Pope and Young! This hunt started very early, on a cold frost filled October morning. I was still asleep when I settled in the ground blind around 5:45am, not even 5 minutes later I heard 2 bucks playfully clanking antlers, I was definitely wide awake now! Day light slowly but surely yielded the light needed to reveal the clanking twosome....2 nice 8 points in the feeder pen. After sizing them up, I decided to wait on something a little better. Approximatley 20 minutes later, the 2 bucks stopped feeding and looked to the left. In jumps a bigger 8 and I knew immediately he was the one. I grabbed my bow slowly and nocked the Easton FMJ tipped with a Rage Extreme. He made his way to the corn had a few nibbles and then made his way to my right. Finally he offered me a shot, I placed my pin tight against the shoulder and slowly released the arrow. Thawck! the arrow hit exactly where I was aiming and blew through him like butter! I gave him 20 minutes and as soon as I opened the door I saw him laying right there! He had only went about 30 yards from where I had shot him! Once I got to him there was no ground shrinkage! He ended up grossing just under 130 inches. The next afternoon I was able to shoot a nice boar that probably weighed about 200 lbs. Also shot him with a Rage Extreme in which it blew threw the opposite shoulder! Thanks for reading

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93mu7...ature=youtu.be

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Yes that's a 12 ounce can! Rage Extreme is Awesome!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Great first bow buck! Congrats

Comment

6 years! That's some serious patience!
      Congrats

Comment

Thats a big bodied hill country deer!!! Jk nice buck Jarrod!

Comment

Great work! Big congrats! Love the brows! Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Congrats! Great Job!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Great job! Nice buck!

Comment

nice buck. congrats.

Comment

Congratulations on both.

Comment

Stud of an 8 point man,and a thick necked rascal at that,congrats!

Comment

Great shot and nice filming job. I would be proud of that one!

Comment

Congrats!! Great story!

Comment

Good video...Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X