Somerville KAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somerville KAP!!!

I have a very good friend who has been generous enough for the past two seasons to let me hunt his family land in Somerville. This place is a target rich enviroment to say the least. Anyways, the other day I got settled in a tripod 45 min before daylight waiting on a doe. Right about the time I could see my hand corn, low and behold 3 loud hogs come marching in. I cant see well enough to pick a hair so I wait for about 10 min and let them feast on the corn. Finally I draw back on a 150 lb sow find my hair and let er rip! She didnt squeal and kind of did a sideways death walk for a second and then casually made her way into the brush. Miss??? Well, the other two never flinched and continued to feast so I nock another arrow and draw on the smaller sow. I took my time on the one staring down the crease behind the shoulder. THWACK/SQUEAL! Smoked her! Again the third pig doesnt flinch and remains on the corn. The evening before I shot a buck out of a pop up (pics and story to come) and I am out of arrows. So I take some cell video of him and text Ryan at 7:15 and let him know that I spilled blood and am out of arrows. An hour later he and Joley come to get on the trail with me. The first sow turned out to be a far back shot and after a failed attempt to give her a follow up shot,....she got away. The second sow who I knew I smoked and didnt go far was still alive about 50 yds from the shot (not sure how). Ryan had his Z7 with a full quiver and finished her off. It made for a very eventfull morning and one I will not soon forget. I am very greatful to have goods friends and hunting buddies like Ryan and his family to share these memories with. That is what hunting is all about in my book!
    Attached Files

Nice,congrats.

DJ

Comment

Did it again today! 220 lb sow.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats that's a good one.

Comment

Congrats on the kills.

Comment

Congrats