My boys first hog!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boys first hog!!!!

I guess I should start this out by stating that my family has normally shot traditional but this year we all purchased wheelies. My boy has been shooting a recurve, longbow and selfbow since he was 2yrs old.
    We decided to make the move this year to wheels so he could start hunting earlier. So we purchased him his first compound for his 5th birthday Nov 2 of this year. Keegan has been practicing and practicing so he could kill a javi before his mom (long standing rivalry between my wife and son on who kills one first). He has gotten really good with his shots out to 10 yards. I knew he didn't have the draw weight to put a big animal down but I was going to let him tag along with me this weekend with his bow.
    This is where the hunt gets interesting and where one of my favorite hunt begins.
    As we (Keegan and myself) were walking to our blind on Saturday afternoon we notice several hogs bedded down and the wind was in our favor. I had Keegan fall in behind me and the stalk began. We started out at about 60 yards and got to within 15 yrds or so I thought. I told Keegan we would pick one out and bring home some bacon. So I raised up and stuck one and the next thing I notice is about a 40lb hog doing circles trying to pull out Keegan's arrow. I had to pull another arrow and finish him off but Keegan had arrowed his first hog at 6 yrds. I had never seen the hog in the grass but "Killer Keegan" with his eagle eyes had picked one out. This was the first animal other than foam he had every shot and to quote Keegan " holy crap that was freaking awesome" followed by "I'm sorry I said that". All I could do was laugh and say "don't say that in front of mom". We high fived, hugged and texted mom who was in another blind. After we got the hog back to camp the pics began. I am a very proud dad!!! Congrats Boy!!
    Attached Files

Proud moment! He smoked him!

Comment

Sweet shot, and a cool moment

Comment

that's what its all about!

Comment

That is awesome, congrats to both of you...what a moment!

Comment

That is awesome !

Comment

Man that's cool. Many more great hunts to come Im sure.

Comment

Wow. That is awesome. Congrats to you both.

What kind of bow is your son shooting. My 6 year old is asking Santa for one.

Comment

congrats to the both of you!

Comment

That's a cool story congrats

Comment

WHOOP! That's better than the Aggies beating Bama!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to the Little Man and Dad!

Comment

sweet. that is cool

Comment

Congrats!! to little man Thats tooo Cool

Comment

Way to go Keegan!!!! Congratulations to both of you. Love the game face.

Comment

Working...
                              X