Comfort/Boerne Deer Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort/Boerne Deer Movement

Myself and a group of my buddies will be hunting between Boerne and Comfort for 7 days beginning 11/14 and was wondering if anyone knew what the deer movement is doing right now and when are they expected to start rutting in that area?

Was out around there last weekend. Some bucks are searching a little bit, but no heavy rutting. Did manage to call one 8 pt over to look around, but he was more curious than rutty. If you get a little cold snap you should see some activity.

Comment

Hunted hard this past week between comfort and fredericksburg. Deer movement was definitely heaviest in the morning but this colder weather could definitely help. Bucks didnt seem to be all that interested yet but I did have a spike try to mount a 7 so they are thinking about it for sure.

Comment

Heading out to Boerne today, hunting til sunday. First rut was in oct. second rut should be coming anytime. Not much happened last weekend. We have 800 acre lease at end of Upper cibalo creek road!

Comment

I live between Comfort & Boerne and as stated the first rut has passed but the second one looked to have started this morning! Saw three different bucks chasing does this morning on my way to work. One was in my front yard and would not leave! This cool weather has them moving.

Comment

I hunted this past weekend b/w Comfort and F'burg. I didn't see any movement in the evening. The deer didn't even come into the corn. The next morning I saw some movement. The deer at our place still have plenty of acorns to eat. I didn't see any evidence of the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
              Hunted hard this past week between comfort and fredericksburg. Deer movement was definitely heaviest in the morning but this colder weather could definitely help. Bucks didnt seem to be all that interested yet but I did have a spike try to mount a 7 so they are thinking about it for sure.
              uh i think i would cull that spike. wouldn't be having any of that on my lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                I live between Comfort & Boerne and as stated the first rut has passed but the second one looked to have started this morning! Saw three different bucks chasing does this morning on my way to work. One was in my front yard and would not leave! This cool weather has them moving.
                Do you want to lease your front yard

Comment

^^^ haha x2

Comment

Working...
                  X