Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 years in the making, finally a true bowhunter! (Long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 years in the making, finally a true bowhunter! (Long read)

Well, 8 years ago I bought my first bow, the Mathews Outback. I shot that bow daily, for an hour or two just drilling a target. I had a new hobby and I got real good at it! 4 years later I got serious about killing a deer. I drew back on a doe, she seen me and jumped, which scared me and cause a bad shot. Didnt find her, but I did see her again. I just hit her in the leg. Well two years after that I tried again. Drilled a good 8 point right behind the shoulder, seemed like the perfect shot, followed great blood for two hundred yards only for the trail to run dry and no deer again. I scoured the hill side numerous times to no avail. I was starting to think it wasnt for me, until this weekend. I was hunting at the girlfriends place, and they were determined to make this happen for me. I had got the new Heli-M s few months back, and been shooting 3d all summer. Well, this doe was at 26 yards quartering away when I let an arrow fly once more. I heard it hit hard, seen her kick and run off, but didnt see where it hit. I backed out and we went back an hour later and recovered her about 80 yards from where I shot her. Couldnt be happier. Im glad it finally worked out! Anyhow, im finally a real bowhunter and proud of it! Sorry for the long read,..
    Attached Files

Congratulations!!!

Comment

nice bowkill .....congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good job it only gets easier.

Comment

Congrats on number 1.....helluva shot too!

Comment

Congrats on getting that first one down!

Comment

Congrats on your first.

Comment

congrats

Comment

The first one is always the hardest!
                    Way to stick with it and congrats!

Comment

Cograts

Comment

NEVER QUIT NEVER!

Great story and congrats on the first bow kill sounds like you earned it!

Comment

I know the discouragement can get to you, and the doubt... Glad you worked through it and kept it up. Congrats on your first!

Comment

The next one will be a piece of cake. Congratulations on your persistence and first bowkill whitetail.

Comment

Thanks y'all! I'm hoping to fill the rest of my tags with my bow this year if possible!

Comment

Working...
                              X