Rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut?

Do y'all think this cold front will kick off the rut by the weekend 11/17?

Hopin so!

Comment

Depends on exactly where you are hunting. I would venture to say with the exception of south Texas, this cold front will trigger lots of rutting activity all over the state. East Texas for sure!!!!

Comment

They're chasing HARD in Illinois. Grunted in 3 decent bucks yesterday, had a button buck mount my doe decoy. Dead deer all over the roads. The rut is on up here.

Comment

Before the front hit,i have been seeing tons of movement on public land as of a week ago lots of fork horns moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
            Do y'all think this cold front will kick off the rut by the weekend 11/17?
            Dude, just get your tail in the woods.
            I'll be in the brush that weekend also. Good Luck

Comment

Weather has no bearing on the rut. Cooler weather will cause us to see more chasing/rutting activity, because the deer won't overheat from all the running around. If the weather is warm, the majority of the pursuits & breeding will take place very late pm/early am, which gives us the impression that its "too warm for the rut".

If we could watch all night during warm periods, we would have a different impression. Air temperature does not affect/trigger does' estrous cycle. Deer in tropical climates breed almost exclusively at night.

Having said all that, I think we should see lots of activity this weekend!!! Woohoo!!!

Comment

Working...
              X