The Curse Is Done! REDEMPTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double L View Post
    Great story Steve. Amazing what they can take and still keep going. Two holes in him and still chasing does!

Speaking of holes in him, what kind of broadhead??? Tremendous ventilation job! Hard to believe there wasn't blood everywhere!
    Those are the Slick Trick 100gr Mags. His lung deflated and blocked the exit hole! That's why there was no blood.

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
    I love a happy ending! Followed this thread from post #1 and couldn't have written a better story. All those miles traveled and hours spent all came together for a perfect shot on a true east Texas bruiser. Congrats again bud and good luck to Stephanie!!!
    I can't think of anyone else I'd rather drink him dead with! Thanks for everything brother!

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Thanks for taking us along on your journey. That is quite a story. Congrats on a wonderful looking buck. Where did you hit him the first time? He obviously wasnt hurting from it. He was chasing two does and he looks like he was in great shape. Congrats again.
    Check out the 4th pic you'll see the exit an entry hole. His live weight was 180lbs!

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
    Congratulations. Awesome deer and story.
    I hunt a small property in Houston Co, as well, and just checked a photo of the buck I am trying to put my son on. He looks like he must be brothers of the one you shot.

If you don't mind me asking, how wide was your buck?
    Good luck on him, I'd love to see LDP's!

His width will fool you! When I walked up on him I was sort of nervous. His mass makes him look narrower that he is, but he was right at 15.5". Ill post his score sheet.

Comment

[ATTACH]407151[/ATTACH]

Comment

Congrats Steve!!!!! So happy you got a very, very rare opportunity.

Comment

Sweet wright up!!! Congrats

Comment

great story and great buck!

Comment

OUTSTANDING !!!!! congrats and great read !! - c

Comment

You have a gift brother, the gift of storytelling. Great write up, felt like I was right there with you and made me tear up thinking about a guy I never met but has a ton of friends on here. Congrats on that buck, he's VERY nice! Its not often we get a second chance but some things are just meant to be

Comment

Great buck, congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats man

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm sitting here in a box stand hunting with my camera this evening scouting for my buddy who's at work. Ill be in Trinity Co 1st thing in the morning trying to hang a tag on a DCNF Bruiser!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        Those are the Slick Trick 100gr Mags. His lung deflated and blocked the exit hole! That's why there was no blood.
                        I've got some Grizz Tricks I am itching to field test. Just haven't found the right test subject yet! Too bad the holes got plugged. Probably would have been a great blood trail.

Looks like I am going to be heading east with my buddies. Gonna be fishing out of Powell Park.

Comment

What a great story and what a great buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                            I've got some Grizz Tricks I am itching to field test. Just haven't found the right test subject yet! Too bad the holes got plugged. Probably would have been a great blood trail.

Looks like I am going to be heading east with my buddies. Gonna be fishing out of Powell Park.
                            Those Grizz Tricks are what I Lille my bear with!

Shoot me a PM with your number, depending on the weather I might meet y'all at the marina for a burger and do a little chunkin and windin myself.
                            Last edited by jooger17; 10-17-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Wow, I just read all 9 pages of your 1st thread. Congratulations.

Comment

Awesome story. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X