Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hog Triple!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Triple!!

Let's go back 8 years ago. I went on my first hog hunt with my bow. I missed two hogs on that trip. So for the next 7 years on and off I have been after hogs with my bow. In that 8 years I have only killed 2 pigs.

Fast forward to today. I get in the blind about 6:30 pm. I forgot my laptop so I couldn't check TC's to see which stand to hunt. I picked the one that has the most water by it. Sitting on my phone messing around I here hogs behind me in the water hole. I see the first one on a dead sprint to the feeder. No waiting for me. My first chance at a hog in over 4 years with my bow, I was taking it. The little black boar gave me a shot. Settled my 20 yard pin right at his last rib. I knew the quartered away shot would leave the exit hole right behind the shoulder in the arm pit. Shmack good hit. He runs right past me and I could see my shot was good. Looked like a running shish-kabob. I gave him what felt like forever(10 minutes) and went to find blood. No blood at first, crap. I walk the way he ran and started to find blood. Found him piled up about 50 yards from where I shot him.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342234493.685328.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	24909492

So I drag him back and set him under the blind. Start texting everyone like a giddy little school girl. 15 minutes goes by and I hear crunch crunch. Look and there is 150# sow under the feeder. Throw my phone down and grab my bow. She turns broadside and I let an arrow fly. There was a sickly black boar with her. He never moved when I let the arrow fly. So I start fumbling around for another arrow. First I grab an arrow with a field tip. Crap, throw it down and grab one with a bloodrunner. As I was about to let that sick boar have it I saw a black and white spotted hog. That is what I have always wanted. So immediately I turn my bow to him. Let the arrow fly. Shmack spined him. He goes to squealing like a stuck pig (sorry had to). Then I look over and see a huge black boar (about 300#). Dang, I should of waited.

So I start texting again in disbelief of what just happened. 3 hogs in one sitting. Mind you all of this has happened in about 30 to 40 minutes. So I still have a ton of light left. Only have one bloody arrow left. I see a group of footballs(25#'ers) running to the feeder. Dang, knock my last arrow. Then I see momma. About a 200# sow is behind the footballs. I wait this time. Well she catches movement of the spined spot under the feeder and is not happy. She starts chomping her jaws and grunting and growling. She would not stay still. Finally she stops just long enough for me to take a shot. Missed, I missed judged her distance and skipped the arrow off her back. So now I am out of arrows. So I decide to go track the one sow and find all my arrows. The sow only ran about 35 yards and left a blood trail a blind man could follow.

3 out of 4 in one night isn't bad. I still can't believe what has gone down tonight. I have been after hogs with my bow for 8 years now and in that 8 years I have only killed 2. Then I kill 3 and miss another in one sit. I will take some better pics in the morning with a good camera when my buddy gets here.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342235700.974712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	24909496
    Then back at camp I have a toast by myself. I hate hunting by myself. Good thing they were small hogs.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342235739.706468.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	24909497

Awesome hunt!!!

Comment

Very Nice!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Wow that is very crazy

Comment

Very Nice! That's friggin' AWESOME! Bet you won't be able to sleep tonight - Too much Adreneline!

Comment

Congrats! Thats awesome!

Comment

Good job congrats

Comment

Cool,Congrats.

Comment

congrats on thr triplets

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thats what you call a great hunt....congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice combo

Comment

Lone star and hogs....Nice

Comment

The sit down pic.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342277529.880092.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB