Got er done Aoudad Leakey, Tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got er done Aoudad Leakey, Tx.

Aoudad had always been high on my list of animals I want to hunt. After Mitch "Krivoman" posted a thread looking for hunters to join a 4700 ac. lease for Aoudad I couldn't turn it down. The first evening hunt after our "Season" started I had a ram come in that I passed on thinking we just started no sense in ending it now. As the season progressed I started to regret my decision. We always had rams on camera but we couldn't pattern them. I took another 4 day weekend trying to get it done since the last 3 weekends of the season I had booked and it would cause problem for me to hunt those. Upon arrival I did the normal check of the cameras and found this guy at the feeder we had running in the very back.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	big aoudad.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	24897836
    I have a bunch of other pictures but the are on my laptop. Anyways the next eveing I go there to hunt. Arriving early I had been in the stand about 20 min. when I decided to arrange the chair in a better position. Big mistake as I heard a noise and looked out the window to see and Aoudad at 15yds bolt of the hill. I dont know if he was the big guy or not but it made me wanna puke. I had 24 days of hunting already invested and screwed it up in a matter of seconds. This happened 1.5 before the feeder was suppose to go off. Anyways I went back to the stand the next after noon getting in REALLY early and the wind shifted and it became way wrong. So I baled out and went to my stand since there was a pic of a ram there the evening before when I was at the other blind and got busted. Well about 7:00 the feeder went off and about 7:30 the cows came in for there daily routine of trying to get a drink out of a empty water trough. They decided to go hang out under and around my feeder. At about 8:00 the usual 2 sows came in with their 8 piglets in tow. About 15 min. later 2 black boars about 150# also came to the corn. Getting close to time to get out since #1 cows are under my feeder and #2 I am tired of shooting pigs ( I think my total was up to 11) and I am tired of hauling them off a BIG toothed boar that I have been wanting to shoot makes his way in. Grab my bow waiting for a shot since it is now about 5 min. before I cannot see any more. I hear a rock roll to my right. i focus my attention out that wind only to see an Aoudad standing there at 10yds looking ate the cows. I quikly draw and shoot hitting him high and making his front legs in operable. The goat looks like a kangaroo as he tries to bounce off on his 2 back legs. I quickly bail out of the blind to catch up to him and get another arrow off before he gets into the dry creek bed making shot opportunities nearly impossible. I was pumped to say the least and quickly got back to the truck slammed a beer and headed down to load him which I did by myself on pure adrenaline and the help of Crossfit. We headed back to camp and took some pics. He taped out at 28". Not the biggest out there but I was relieved to have killed him.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	My aoudad.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24897837
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Killem all; 05-02-2012, 09:20 AM.

For some reason the pic Mitch took of some animals he passed ended up in my post and I cant delete it. Oh well

Comment

Very cool congrats

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

nice ram!

Comment

Great story and a really nice trophy. Congrats!

Comment

Great Ram. I'm still waiting on mine to come strolling by.

Comment

Congrats Shayne!

Comment

Aoudad with a bow is a trophy anyway u look at it!! Congrats on a beautiful Ram.

Comment

Congrats buddy!

Comment

great ram

Comment

Awesome aoudad, congrats!

Comment

Very nice... Audad is good kill with a bow

Comment

Congrats on the ram and the write up.

Comment

Congrats again man, you earned him. Couldn't be happier for ya and can't wait to see him on the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X