First Gobbler Ross Cardiac!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Gobbler Ross Cardiac!!!

What's shakin y'all? Smacked my first long beard last Saturday 15 miles south of Whitsett, TX. It was the middle of the afternoon, and all the guys decided to go to town and get more beer. I took off on a walk where one of the guys heard some gobbles that morning. After an hour of walking i decided to set up in a ground blind I'd brushed in the previous day. Within 5 minutes 2 long beards came cruising out, and relizing they weren't coming in any closer, I put a smack on this big boy at 37 yards. He flew straight up, came straight down, then ran 20 yards before he laid down and started his death chirp!!!! It was all over in seconds. He had a 10 inch beard, with 1 1/8 spurs. I was very proud carrying that ol' heavy Tom the full 1 1/2 miles back to camp. Hell I was in full strut all night, especially after a lot of cold ones. Until next time, ADIOS!!
    Attached Files

Congrats...nice 10" beard!!!

Comment

Congrats! That's a great turkey and with a bow makes it that much more impressive! Still trying to get my first with a bow, turkey gods seem to be workin against me!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Good job, nice bird.

Comment

Nice bird.

Comment

nice

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Nice gobbler!