Successful live hunt pics Kansas/Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful live hunt pics Kansas/Illinois

Well, my buddy and I just got home after being gone since Halloween night on our annual trip to the Midwest. Our trip took us to Kansas to Illinois and then back to Kansas. The weather played a huge negative role early in out trip to Illinois. We fought rain, 20-30 mph south and sw winds for most of the time we were there and very unusually high temps for this time of year in Illinois. And not to mention the tractors driving in during the hunts(2 of them), poachers driving by on 4 wheelers, and tree huggers spotting us in our trees and trying to run deer of in prime time. With all the negative there was plenty of positive time just sitting in the tree just enjoying the opportunity to be in Illinois in a stand. I even got an opportunity at a 140 plus ten point and missed low while thinking he would drop the string( which he didn't!) my buddy shot a nice 8 point there but we were ready to get back to Kansas to say the least. The rut was just kicking in and the weather was treating us slot better. I shot a nice mid 130 eight point with 3 kickers and my hunting buddy killed a nice 150 inch eleven pointer. I also had the pleasure of shooting a couple coyotes while in the stand. Very successful trip but happy to be HOME
    Attached Files

good pics! Congrats

Comment

great buck....did you get any shots of (or at) the tree huggers??

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Comment

Looks like a fun filled time! Huge bodied deer.

Comment

That buck had a Ginormous body....HOLY COW.........Looks like an awesome hunt. Were you guys hunting private land or public land. How hard is it to get drawn for tags in Kansas and Illinois? That is a trip I plan on doing in the future, but have not done much research on it yet.

Comment

Congrats sounds like a good time and those are some good looking bucks.

Comment

Cool congrats

Comment

awesome job

Comment

You boys did good. Nice deer!

Comment

That deer's body is huge! Congrats on the deer.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice pics.....Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                            That buck had a Ginormous body....HOLY COW.........Looks like an awesome hunt. Were you guys hunting private land or public land. How hard is it to get drawn for tags in Kansas and Illinois? That is a trip I plan on doing in the future, but have not done much research on it yet.
                            Thanks guys. It was fun but noe back to real world for me. Not that the real worlds bad either. I was hunting private land both in Kansas and Illinois. It's not hard at all to get drawn in illinois, but just depends which unit you hunt in Kansas. It's gotten a whole lot easier the last couple years.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X