No announcement yet.

Pork is on the menu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Wisper - Nice porker! How was your blood trail??? I shot one about 25lbs lighter with a 1" Trick and not one drop of blood and i had a complete pass through!

Comment

Thats a good boar, congrats.

Comment

congrats on the nice porker

Comment

Nice, Chuck. Congratulations!

Where was this?
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Congrats on the porker!!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I was glad he showed up, as I had seen absolutely nothing since passing on multiple hogs the weekend before while hoping for a deer sighting...

FLASHBACK: I was walking to the stand two Saturdays ago at 5:30 am when I looked up to see a large hog silhouetted close to my feeder. I could hear multiple hogs at the feeder itself, but didn't have a visual at that point. Now, I really didn't want to shoot a hog at that time since that was my brother's first chance to get out and I didn't want to do anything to detract from his hunt. We're on only 85 acres at our "lease", so if I shot the hog I'd have to

A) get Cartzilla to bring the hog to the skinnin' tree, and

B) go to town to get ice for the meat, which meant starting a Powerstroke in prime time...

While pontificating on whether to take the hog or not, I inadvertently stepped on a small twig causing the pigs to vacate the area. Turns out there were several piglets nearby, so the big'uns didn't run away but rather fanned out looking for the sound source while emitting large amounts of attitude. After some false charges I said to heck with this and busted through the remaining hogs under the feeder and went to my stand. Of course, my brother told me I should've shot 'em...

bdphunt, the recovery is pretty much complete with just the occasional eye ache probably due to scar tissue. I did, however, look the other way last weekend while knocking over a really dead pine...

Rattler, the blood trail was very good once he broke the arrow that was sticking out the entrance wound. (I caught bone on entry and potential exit) Maybe your hog had a thick layer of fat that closed on the wound?? I will say I didn't even need the blood trail, as I tracked him only by the smell, and like I said he didn't go far.

Snakelover, what happened to the pic?

Devin, this is between Fairfield and Palestine. Here's my next target of the swine persuasion...

I'm hoping this guy comes out so I can put my eyes on him...
              Last edited by Death Whisper; 03-30-2008, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice work, Chuck! Cartzilla...I like it!

Michael
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats, Chuck.

Nice Pig

Comment

Congrats, Chuck!!!

Comment

Congrats On The Porker!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice Piggie. Congrats

Comment