Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Double Down"

Posting this for TBHer "Muscle"

Sunday evening I get a text from Drew (Muscle) that he is going to try for a doe ion one of our hay fields. I say "keep me posted". I told my wife as I walked out the door to go hunting myself that I had a good feeling I would be doing a little dragging for Drew tonight

For those that dont know how we do it, Its kinda like a pact: You shoot it.....I track and drag, but I shoot it...you track and drag. Since last year was Drews "rookie year" as an archer He got to see many many many miles of blood trails last year, and I can honestly say that with only a year and a few months of Bowhunting under his belt I'd call him to track anything that bleeds And I even got to haul out his first kill last year

Back to the story

While in my stand I get a text "Pig down", I ask how big?....no response a few minutes later another text "Just shot another", "Both down in sight".

Well he already had "The Drag Crew" at the entrance so I had em meet me at the house for some LDP's. I'll post the "guess the weight game" on the ATC.

Congrats Drew(Muscle) on the Double, and helping me thin the herd

NOTE: perfect heart shot on the big boy

I'll let "Muscle" tell his story
    Attached Files

Wow thats two good looking pigs. Congrats

Comment

Nice job...Congrats on the bow kills.

Comment

perfect shot congrats to him

Comment

nice job

Comment

Thanks Kyle, Ill go ahead and put in my two cents. Its been a boring season for me as the only animals I see are camped out next to my four wheeler on the way back. My roomate and fellow tbh'er let me hunt his stand, since he had already gotten a doe. After all the people yelling and chasing dogs in the field behind me, and people reving their trucks as much as they can, the feeder finally goes off. I heard something in the woods start to rustle around. As many times as I had already been fooled by squirrels, I wasnt going to let it go to me. Well it got closer and closer, and I saw him. As he came in I stood up for a shot. Josh who happens to be taller than me can shoot over a ceder limb where the hog was standing, but I on the other hand had to wait. He finally worked his way across the feeder and I smoked him. I heard him go down and started letting people know. I texted Kyle (lowfence) and Josh. Josh was just down the road and made his way to the entrance. I told him, I wanted to wait a few before we went tracking to be sure. I lowered my bow from the tree, when I heard more rustling. I then saw more pigs. I quickly pulled my bow back up the tree and knocked and arrow. I didnt have a bow light but i had a sight light. It was pretty dark, but I could still make out the shape of a pig. I settled in and let it fly. He ran probably 30 yards and met his maker. As we started tracking the first one left a big blood trail and found him in about 2 minutes. and started for the second one. He didnt leave a blood trail because my shot was a little far back (right in the pig) I knew about where he went down and just started looking around. Sure enough he was about 10 yards from the other one. It was a nice turn around to my season. Hopefully I can get my first deer this year! Thanks to Kyle for letting Josh hunt his land, and thanks to Josh for letting me hunt his stand!

Comment

sounds like it was fun

Comment

Congrats on your double-hog smackdown!!

Comment

That's two big hogs right there!!! Congrats big time!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice... but yuk... maybe it will make good soup

Comment

Congrats Drew!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          Wow thats two good looking pigs. Congrats
                          Sure is

Comment

Wow, two shots so closely timed I figured one big, one little. Very Cool! Good job!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X