More pigs down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pigs down

Sat in the stand at 6:30...it was real hot. After an hour and a half in the gruelling sun, it finally dropped below the tall live oaks. A few min later out comes my boar. He was feeding and faceing me for at least 10 min. Some deer where sneaking in the brush behind him. They were obviously scared of him. He heard them and turn to see what the noise was. FINALLY the boiler room was open for bitness.. He was quartered away just perfect. I watched my white fetchings stop tight on his skin. The 100gr side winder made it out of the other side of him. He ran 50 yards and I could hear the bump ditty bump. Man he left a huge trail. My GT pro hunter never broke either so that was pretty cool. I drug the big piggy up hill for 50 yards. I started having memries of high school wrestling practice as I sprinted uphill with the hog. 20 yards at a time till I was on a jeep trail. Wheww that was tough.

Heres a few others who fell to TXtime travelers arrows. They wouldn't leave so Will kept on shooting till his quiver was empty.

Heres what we do with em

Good deal. Congrats on the pork.

Comment

Nice job. Get all of them.

Comment

Way to go! Are you hunting a lease or public land?

Comment

Way to stack 'em up. Congrats!

Comment

good job on the piggies.

Comment

This is on 2000 acers of private land that I've been managing for a few years. We dont have many out there cause I keep sticking them. Then they leave the area for a month or so and come back. I cant get enough though wish they were like deer and would stay in the area. I'm sure in a few years they will start to get more populated...then we'll have a TBH get together.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Thats the way to lay-em down!

Comment

Wac em,

Dang that was a hefty boar! Looks to be about 150. I bet he felt heavier the closer you got to the top of the hill. I don't think that is the one I saw at 5:30 that day. It could have been, those black ones look the same.

Guess I need to pick up some of those GT arrows. I either break my arrow, loose my broadhead or both! That's gets expensive.

Glad to see some blood on your tailgate, it has been awhile!

Comment

congrats & nice shooting.

Comment

congrats on the porker's! It's bacon bacon bacooooooooon!

Comment

congrats

Comment

good deal

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X