Family Hunt and some Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Hunt and some Solo

This hunt was special!!! It was Keegans first ever hunt, we (tanya, keegan and myself) went to our place and hunted on 11/13/10. It was saturday and we got the quad pod around 4:00pm. Being that it was keegans first hunt and he is only three (loud) i had my doubts about seeing anything. Tanya had asked me if she should bring here bow, I told no because I didn't think we would see anything in fact I had planned in taking a rifle so Keegan would at least have a chance to witness something harvested even if we got busted. But I grabbed the wrong shells and all I had was my trusty old recurve. So as I stated earlier we got to the ground blind around 4pm. It's a quad pod where I have also brushed in the bottom as another blind. Around 430 Keegans was breaking sticks playing in the dirt when we heard the squeals and grunts of some hogs headed our way. Keegans eyes were as big as dinner plates. The hogs ran up to the feeder all weighing around 200-250lbs. Keegan stood at attention and I picked out a big black one and released the arrow. It sounded like a shotgun when it hit. I was aliitle forward and caught the point of the shoulder, broke the broadhead off at the insert. WOW! I looked for blood and nothing in fact I watched the hogs trot over the tank dam. I thought I had let Keegan down on his first hunt. So we sat back down and he was smiling from ear to ear with all kinds of questions and I'm trying to whisper answers when here comes another group of hogs. Several made it to the feeder but one hung up to our left at three yards and started that deep grunt when you've been BUSTED. This put them all on alert and uneasy, they started leaving the feeder but one headed our way and at 16 yards she stopped and the arrow was on it's way. It hit she squealed and keegan was shouting awesome gene. The sow around 150lbs died in sight of us and it was the hunt of a life time. Keegan wanted to see the arrow, the blood and guts, ALL BOY. He's hooked! He took a picture of us to school for show and tell. It made me proud to pass on my passion of God, Family and Hunting to my kids.

I also have been blessed enough to take a doe and buck over the last couple of weeks but they dont compare to this hunt. We are headed back out tomorrow to get Tanya a harvest this weekend. Wish us Luck!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by meangene1969; 07-18-2011, 12:23 PM.

Very Cool. Congrats! My hats off to you on your traditional harvest

Comment

Cool! Nice hunt!
      And good luck for the next one!!!

Comment

Nothing against the deer, but I'm all about that pig. Big congrats on the traditional kills!

Comment

Impressive!!

Comment

That's great! Glad to hear your boy enjoyed it so much!

Comment

That's awesome congrats with your kills and im sure your son had a blast!

Comment

looks like the kid had a good time

Comment

Working...
                X