Scored at the Hilton w/Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored at the Hilton w/Video

Just now getting a chance to write this up. First and foremost, I would like to thank Gary (Leonhogboy) for the invite up to his place in Coryell county to try and fill the freezer with some meat, since I had lost the meat off my buck to buzzards earlier in the year. Gary is top notch.

Story begins last Saturday evening when I rolled out to the Hog boy Hilton. Upon arrival Gary insisted I hunt the barn blind, he assured me the doe were bountiful and the stand was just to cool to pass up the opportunity. The set up is an old barn that has been on the property for years, the deer have became used to it and travel around it with no worries. The loft provides an excellent perch for a place to launch a death missile

It's a short walk from camp to the barn so Gary and I walked over that evening cause he wanted to put out some estrus scent on a rub line in the area on the way out in case an interested buck happened to be in the area. I went to the stand and got settled in as Gary put out the scent, I gave him the thumbs up that I was ready from the stand and he headed back to camp. The feeder went off around 5, and not ten minutes after I had 5 interested doe making a b-line through the woods heading to the feeder, 2 big mature doe, and 3 smaller younger ones. As they closed in the 2 mature doe got to the area where Gary sprayed the "doe estrus scent", I say it was wolf pee because when they hit the scent the two mature doe wheezed, and split tail out of the area and the younger doe did the same but circled back around into the feeder. I waited awhile in hopes of the bigger doe coming back in but they never did, so I picked the biggest of the three remaining and when she gave me a 17 yard quartering away shot I couldnt resist not to let a shuttle t, tipped xt hunter through her. I drew my bead, aimed for an exit and released the arrow. It found its mark about the fourth rib back and exploded out right behind the opposite shoulder. A short struggle of about 35 yards and it was over, I had meat in the freezer and managed to get it on video. The footage is sort of grainy because my camcorder is broken and I used a 5 mega pixel point and shoot camera that I strapped to the leg of a chair that was in the blind, because after all it is all about the video
    This is my 2nd kill captured on video and only first video to edit.

here is the footage and some ldp's thanks for following along.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izCgyoSKsY"]YouTube - Chris Coryell County Doe 2010[/ame]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tx_dropem; 11-27-2010, 10:43 PM.

that wound looks awesome!!!!

Comment

If someone could help me with getting the video on here I sure would appreciate it, I cant seem to get it to work.

Comment

what format are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
          what format are you using?
          think i got it thanks!
          Last edited by tx_dropem; 11-27-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

can you post the link to youtube?

Comment

Congrats and good shot!

Comment

nice vid and congrats

Comment

Nice shot. That was a neat video. Looks like she could not have made it far. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats again Chris and nice video work with the camera setup.

Comment

That's a cool setup. I have always thought that hunting from a barn would be awesome.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. nive looking doe

Comment

congrats. like the blind

Comment

Nice shot!

Comment

Working...
                              X