Slick gets the Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick gets the Trick

A nice southerly breeze was blowing last Saturday afternoon, November 20, when I sat down in my tripod, aptly named the "Honey Hole". Throwing out 10 lbs of apple scented hand corn, I checked my trail cam then climbed the 10 feet to my perch and settled in at 1530. The feeder is set to go off at 1600 and 1700, so I had 30 minutes of free time to set up the video camera and text my position to the wife and friends. Since the freezer is empty, I told myself I would take the first legal deer that came out. The trail cam has captured several nice bucks over the past few weeks, but I knew in my heart the doe would be here first, though I wished "El Jefe" would waltz in (pic #1).

Click image for larger version

Name:	El Jefe tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24832456

So, the feeder goes off as expected, and every crack of a branch or flit of a birds wing sets my eyes in motion and my chest beating out of sync. "Where are the deer", I wonder while texting my updates. After a few short moments, a doe, accompanied by two nubbin' bucks, comes crunching in as they feed on the scattering of corn. One of the little guys shadowed that doe so closely, I thought I'd never get a shot off! Finally, she stepped forward when he did not, exposing her vitals and quartering away perfectly. I draw, aim, breath out, and squeeze the trigger release. The Slick Trick tipped carbon arrow entered perfectly as the ruckus ensued. She made a mad half circle dash around me, crashing twenty yards behind me in the brush. I then was able to sit back and enjoy nature once again as my heart rate returned to near normal. When the feeder went off at 1700, I waited a few minutes, in case my dream buck might still be in the area. No dice. I found the doe, took some pics, and called it a day. A beautiful ending o the day, I might add!

Todd

Name:	doe heart tbh.JPG
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24832454

Name:	End of day tbh.JPG
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	24832455

Name:	Doe down tbh.JPG
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	24832453

Well done...

Comment

Good Job...Excelent Shot...

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Great Shot amigo!

Comment

nice shooting

Comment

Smoked her!

Comment

Backstraps and cream gravy! Congrats Todd!

Comment

You guys are too kind! I'm looking forward to that backstrap for sure! Now if we can just get past Thursday so I can get back in the field!

Todd

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice shot! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Heartbreaker. Congrats

Comment

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comment