Ford county buck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford county buck down

Shot this buck sat.11-20-10 @ 9:20am . I had gotten down from my morning stand to go check the trail cams at my tripod and feeder stand that the wind was wrong to set in that morning! So I was working my way to the feeder side winding it so if there was deer there I would not spook them. As I got to within 40 yards I glassed and saw the there was a deer at the feeder so I moved in slowly to 30 yards and glassed again. This time I saw it was the long tine 8 point I had on the hit list. I then looked ahead of me and saw a black brush bush the would put me 20 yards from the feeder so I sneaked up behind it without the buck ever looking up. Saw I only had a small opening to shoot through and waited for him to turn broadside for the shot. When he turn I moved to the side of the bush drawed placed pin behind shoulder and shot. As soon as I shot I knew it was to far back as I had to squat in a weard position to get the shot though the hole in the trees. The buck shot out of the on a dead run. I was shooting a two blade rage so I new it had a big hole in it. I followed blood to were my arrow came out and 10 yards farther and the last blood had two peices of corn then no more blood. I knew the hole had clogged up with stomach content. I moved on down the trail searching for more sign. After an hour of hard se
    PHP Code:
    [S][/S
    arch I decided to think like a deer and go in the direction I would have went. 40 yards later I find a tennis ball size blood spot and thanked the lord for it! I had been praying for the last hour for the good lords help! After finding the blood I started glassing for the deer moved a few more steps and glassed again. This time I saw the body of a deer by a old shed that was on the farm. There was also and old farm implement in front of me blocking my view of the bucks head so I leaned out and glassed and saw the bucks head was up looking away from me. I got down nocked an arrow more forward about four steps leaned out around the farm implement put my 20 pin behind the shoulder held and released a perfect arrow through the lungs. He ran 30 yards and piled up! What a hunt! Tired out both brow tines where broken off making him a 8 point! I like him just the same!

I will post pictures later!

Comment

Great story, but no pics! Congrats on your buck

Comment

no pics but cool story, congrats

Comment

Cool deal. I wil check back later for the evidence

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Great hunt. Congrats!

Comment

Foard county buck pictures

If some one will post them for me it would be great it keeps telling me that they are to big and I don't know how to resize them! They need to make this photo thing on here easyer!

Comment

Here's the pics of Kenny's deer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KennyBuck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	23963995

Click image for larger version

Name:	KennyBuck2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	23963996

Congratulations on a nice buck and it was good seeing you yesterday.
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a nice bow buck!

Comment

Great looking buck. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Devin for posting my pictures and nice seeing you and talking with you again! We will have to do a hunt like I said! Thanks to all for all the congrats!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X