ok Skeeter said to post it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok Skeeter said to post it

Sunday I shot my first Axis buck. My white tail buck left after I drew on him and got busted. Then the feeder went off at 640 ten axis does and spikes came in and started to hoover the corn. My buck came in a couple minutes later, the shot from my popup to the feeder is 20 yds and my buck came in to the right side and gave me his broadside. I waited for a doe to move and I drew AGAIN I get busted. They ran off but came right back he actually stood back in the same place. He bent down for corn and I drew pined him and released a Carbon Express weight forward Maxima with a Rage 3 blade from my 2006 Bowtech. It left a good blood trail about 150 yds or so thru 2 dry creek beds. A buddy of mine helped my get the buck to where I could get my truck to. He kicked our butts we guessed 200 lbs on the hoof felt like more.He dressed 145 with 21" high 20 wide I guessed his age at 5-6 yrs. Ive boiled the head already for a european mount. Ill add I talked to the man upstairs asking for the ability to make a good clean shot,before the shot the luck to find my kill when I got out of the blind, and thanks for the animal that would bless our table when it was found, I think it worked.

congrats !

Comment

WTG congrats

Comment

Great job, axis meat is pretty tasty!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrat on your hunt

Comment

Yessir!!! Time for dinner!!! Congrats!!!

Now get Skeeter to post that LDP to this thread for ya'!!!

Comment

Working...
              X