Hebbronville Mangement Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hebbronville Mangement Buck

A very good friend of mine works on a ranch in Hebbronville. He invited me down for a managemet buck and off I went. Our Friday afternoon hunt was delayed because of some cattle work but we were at if first thing Saturday monring. The buck I was after was a no show until late Saturday evening. Each time he turned broad side one of the other deer around him saved him. After discussing the situation at length over a couple ribeyes and cold beverages we were ready for the morning. Sure enough he shows up at daylight and the game begins. He turns - he runs - he's in front of another deer - he's behind another deer - he faces us - he runs. This sequence played over several times and I came to full draw and let down several times. Finally at 30 yards he gives me a broad side shot I could take and the 100 grain MX3 found its mark! I thought it was a touch high but after seeing the blood trail I was positive we'd have a dead deer! Went ahead and waited two hours to make sure he was down. In the meantime we checked some other areas of the ranch and found a couple little boars under a corn feeder. Wind was right so we stalked within 30 yards of the porkers and they didn't know we were there. First shot was a clean miss right ove the pigs shoulder blades. He ran 10 yards, I nocked another arrow and drilled him at 40 yards. He went about 5 step and piled up. 1 pig down and now time to find my buck. Sorry for the long read but it was a great time with a great friend. Nothing like two guys jumping and hugging like school girls when we found this deer. I'll let the pics tell the rest - video to come later!
    Attached Files

nice hunt

Comment

Great write up and successful hunt. Great deer.

Comment

nice job... nothing like BS'n around with old buddies.. even better that ya got a trophy..!!

Good Times..!!

Comment

Nice buck with bow!! Where about in hebronville is this low fence ? I hunt off hwy 359

Comment

Nice 2fer

Comment

Love it

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats on the buck and porker. Looks like a great hunt.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Shot looks good to me. Congrats on both shots.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on the sausage makings!

Comment

Working...
                            X