Still Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Slow

I am seeing some great reports and LDP's coming in...congrats to all!!!! However, we are still SLOW on our ranch. We continue to have acorns falling like rain and the deer patterns seem to be "wherever the acorns are thickest at the time". Corn is once again piling up under the feeders. Game cam pics are very minimal...they just don't need to travel far. Spent a lot of time watching trees this weekend. Anyone else still experiencing this?

Us too. Small deer - no shooters yet....

Comment

same in San Saba County

Comment

Tony, I just talked with our lease manager last night, him and his son went this last weekend and he pretty much said the same thing... Looks like it is going to be another couple weeks on our place in Kerr county... He said some deer were out and about but not like normal, they took a management buck and a couple doe... He said he looked around for acorns a bit and found some but not a ton of them, seems like they are starting to have to search for those a bit too, shouldn't be too long and things should be back to normal and the rut is knocking on the door too....

Comment

In Llano County this weekend and little to no activity. Acrons are very plentiful, but 1/2 we found on trees already have worms in them. I hope it is over in the next couple of weeks. Looks like the rest of November is going to be slow for us. Second Rut might be better????

Comment

Originally posted by txrdkng View Post
            I am seeing some great reports and LDP's coming in...congrats to all!!!! However, we are still SLOW on our ranch. We continue to have acorns falling like rain and the deer patterns seem to be "wherever the acorns are thickest at the time". Corn is once again piling up under the feeders. Game cam pics are very minimal...they just don't need to travel far. Spent a lot of time watching trees this weekend. Anyone else still experiencing this?
            Same in Polk county. Total of 6 deer and 2 hogs taken in 8 days of hunting by lease members.

Comment

Working...
            X