deer on the move and its not the rut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer on the move and its not the rut!

sitting there this morn at 820 and a doe came out at a walk and thought she was headed for the feeder. nope kept going. thought maybe she was bein pushed....nope. 2 hours later and im gettin down, took 2 steps and look up and 50yds away are 4 limo does commin down the trail. i step back nock and load and watch. they are walking and pickin up acorns as they goe...never stop. no bucks....friggin gun season!

sorry to rant.

you'll get the big one when you least expect it. Hang in there

Comment

I had 4 does cross below the stand yesterday afternoon as though on a leisurely walk about. Never saw a buck all weekend. But I had a great time watching the turkeys come through twice a day. Heck they didn't hit the feeder either. Maybe next week.

Comment

all the ppl on my lease are either gunnin for deer or duck huntin. sounds like a war zone. my first year on this place and it doesnt look like the pre rut is in full swing yet. im wonderin if they are it has become ingrained in them to go into hidin when the shootin starts? from what all the guys on the lease tell me is that no one hardly hunts after thanksgivng. maybe they hav a strong late or second rut.

Comment

Hang in there, when everybody quits shooting, they'll be back. Just don't tell everybody or they'll start hunting again.

Comment

i wont! of the whole place im the only one bowhuntin still. also the only one that drives out in the woods, parks a mile from my stand and gets dressed, then ride my bike to my stand. like you said though"hang in there"...i have a good feeling still. i see deer every sitting.

Comment

Working...
            X