Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pennsylvania Public Land Buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pennsylvania Public Land Buck.

My Buddy, Chris, sent me this story and pictures today. Chris and I worked together at Gander Mtn several years ago. Great Buck, especially for public land. Congrats, Chris. Here is his story.

The Rest of the Story....

I woke up on the morning of november 12th the temperature was chilly but didn't take the time to check the degree. I arrived at what I will call "THE HONEY HOLE" at about 530 am. Walked to an area where two days prior I found a nice scrape line deep into the woods. On the day that I found the scrapes I placed little of PRO Scents estrous scent near the scrape that looked the newest. I knew I would need to stay out of there for a day or so. I returned on the 12th and the wind was perfect for my set.

I set up near the scrape but, not too close approx 80 yds. I was hunting 20-25 feet off the ground in a climber. I noticed the squirrels were up and moving before daylight, or was it squirrels at 645 I noticed some movement over my left shoulder and looked and he was at the scrape working the licking branch over with his antlers. He got finished with the scrape and began to angle down and away from me. At this point he would have been nearly eighty yds. by the time he got to me. So at this point I pulled out my Grunt tube and gave him a low bellow followed up by a few tending grunts. He immediately angled up the ridge and was going to be within bow range. I stood up thinking to myself the entire time (I will probably miss this big boy) when he stepped behind a tree that I had ranged earlier at 28 yards I drew back my Diamond Black Ice with Carbon Express Pile Driver 250 and Rage three Blade. He hid his vitals behind that big oak tree and I was trying not to look at his impressive headgear. Then just like you see on the shows he stepped on out and gave me a slight quarter shot at 30 yards. The rage did the job and he laid down 30 yards ofter the shot. I could not hardly wait to call my wife and children as they have been supportive of my love for Archery over the last eight years. My wife arrived to the "HONEY HOLE" about an hour after the shot and took pictures and we celebrated together. Being the supportive wife that she is she carried my deer stand and gear back to the vehicle as I pulled him behind me. My children were so happy to see such a large deer and my four year old daughter said,"thank you for killing that big deer for me and Noah." I was blessed that day with a deer that will serve as a lesson to my children and my best deer to date. The deer weighed 192 lbs field dressed and has not been scored at this time..

Click image for larger version

Name:	chris-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24831456

Click image for larger version

Name:	chris-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	24831457

Tell him congrats! I guess the antler restrictions up there are working.

Comment

Congrats! My dad has been hunting Pa public land for probably 10yrs and to my knowledge hasn't seen anything close to that big. Nice buck.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

congrats that is a heck of a deer

Comment

Thats a heck of a deer Congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Fantastic buck! Congrats !!!

Comment

WOW!!! Congratulations to your buddy.

Comment

nice family story too!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

Wow that is a gorgeous deer. Congrats to your buddy.

Comment

He is a hoss for sure!

Congrats to your buddy.

Bisch

Comment

glad that your family is a part of and supportive of your outdoor adventures, thanks for sharing, great story and very nice headgear You are blessed indeed

Comment

congrats

Comment

great buck

Comment

Working...
                              X