Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Did not get my big boy, pigs down though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did not get my big boy, pigs down though

I just got back from five days at the lease. Upon arriving at the lease I hung a new 15 ladder stand on the far side of my opening. This side of the opening is where I posted pics of the big buck making a scrape. I decided to let the stand sit empty a couple of days before hunting it and I hunted my hang on stand near the feeder the first two days. On the first morning hunt I saw my big boy come in to the opening and tend a scrape, he never payed attention to the new stand which was empty. I tried a grunt to bring him in range to no avail. I saw him once more during my trip but he was moving through at a trot and never presented a shot. I have a 2.5 good 8 point that comes to my feeder nearly every hunt. I could have dropped an arrow on him numerous times but he needs to live a few more years. I saw lots of deer, some of the bucks I probably would have took but knowing that big boy has some active scrapes in my stand area kept me from slinging an arrow at em. I did kill two pigs which is another first for me. This is my first year bow hunting and I have a doe so far and now two pigs. I shot both of the pigs right behind the ear and the rage 2 blade provided easy tracking jobs. The second pig I dropped in its tracks and after about 10 seconds of it laying flat on its back it jumped up and ran about 30 yards before dying.
    Here are a few pics.

This scrape has fresh pee in it every morning. The buck must be visiting it in the middle of the night.

Better than what I have gotten so far. Good job.

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the pork!

Comment

Congrats! KAP!!

Comment

congrats on the pigs

Comment

Good Job

Comment

Congrats on the pork

Never seen a black pig with blond highlights

I have heard a majority of scrapes are worked/ checked in the dark

Comment

Working...
                  X