Brazos Co. Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos Co. Beast

Here is a pic of my buddies great 10pt that we got last night. This buck was taken off a low fence property near Kurten in the river bottom. We have been managing there place since our early teens and are now finally reaping the rewards of letting them walk and keeping our doe numbers down. Last night I climbed up in the tree with him to do some calling and I managed to rattle this guy in from a few hundred yards off. Things got hairy when a nice 135-140" 8pt showed up about the time the 10 showed up. We were for sure they were going to get into it and run one another off of our stand set up. But as luck would have it the 8 kept his distance as both deer started feeding my buddy drew on him, at that moment the buck turned straight at us....my buddy not only held his composure but his bow back for a solid minute before the buck presented the shot. The arrow struck true and after a short tracking job we recovered the beast. After some high fives and telephone calls I put a tape on the deer and came to 154 2/8". This is one of the if not biggest bucks i have ever seen coming out of brazos co. In my opinion it couldn't have happened to a better guy because my best friend has spent 2 years over seas fighting in Iraq for our country and has missed 3 deer seasons. This is his biggest buck to date as well.

Great deer!

Comment

That is a very nice buck, congrats.

Comment

Heck of a Buck! Congrats to your buddy!

Comment

Real nice deer.... Congratulations to your buddy!!!

Comment

Great buck. You earned him. Thanks for your sacrafice.

Comment

Great buck. Tell your buddy thanks for his service to our country.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

dang, you just don't see deer like that around this part of the state. Congrats

Comment

Congratulations to you and your friend! Thank him for his service too!

Comment

congrats nice buck!!

Comment

Beautiful Buck! Congrats!

Comment

great buck.

Comment

beautiful deer! congrats to your buddy

Comment

great story, great buck!

Comment

Working...