Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

LDPs from this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDPs from this past weekend

Had the opportunity to head down south to a buddies lease thie past weekend to do some hunting. Got into the ranch about 5:15 Friday evening and we were a little late to make it into the bow blind so decided to try and eliminate some hogs instead. We weren't disappointed and about 20 minutes before dark we had about 30 hogs come into the sendero. My buddy asked if I had ever killed a big hog and I hadn't so he picked out a good boar for me to shoot. My 270 definitely did it's job and a shot in the neck at 140 yards put him down. I wish we had the video camera for the hunt but in the rush to get to the stand we left it at camp and a pic will have to do.

Saturday morning came early and we settled into the pop up before daylight. I haven't killed a deer with my bow in about four years so the anticipation was killing me. Right at daybreak a young 10 was working his way in and was joined by another 10 within minutes. We had two young three points and a six point that came in to join them and I was hoping for the opportunity to stick one but the three does that came in soon had everyone of them distracted and led them off into the brush before the shot could be made.

We spent Saturday hanging around the camp and taking a tour around the ranch. the bursh country down there is amazing and the animals certainly didn't disappoint. Saturday evening we settled back into the pop up and it wasn't long before the six had made his way in again. He bee lined to the feeder pen and was soon followed by the same crew from the morning, two young tens, two three points and a couple of does that kept the young bucks running constantly. The action was constant and was interrupted by a doe that came in about 8 yards to the right of the blind. Sshe was followed by another doe and I could see their shadows before they made an appearance into the window. A third shadow followed and when I leaned forward to check out this new doe coming in my breath was taken at the sight of what was following. We had a 7 year old nine point, well over 200 pounds that was all blown up walking stiff legged at 8 yards. It was amazing to watch this deer and how the other deer reacted to his presence. He was definitely king in his area. We watched this deer for about thirty minutes and he never got outside of 18 yards until the hogs ran him off. I thought for sure my opportunity had been blown again but within minutes teh six on my hitlist had made it back in to the pop up joined by the two young ten points. My adrenaline was out of control and I couldn't take the shot until I got control of it. After a few minutes that seemed like forever and focusing on the other deer I got control of my emotion. Brad had the camera rolling and when teh moment was right I dreew my bow. I centered my sight in the peep and lined up my pin behind his shoulder with him quartering away. I touched the realease and the arrow found it's mark. Both lungs punctured the deer ran about 100 yards and we claimed my deeer for the weekend. We celebrated with high fives and a cold beer on the way back to camp.

Sunday morning were were back in the blind with myself behind the camera and Brad with bow in hand. We had activity all morning but as hunting and filming go, we couldn't coordinate teh shot and camera for Brad. It was a great weekend and I made some great new friends. I certainly look forward to more adventures with the crew there and certainly appreciated the hospitality.
    Attached Files

pulled out the good ol thunder stick

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Nothing like a good friend. Congrats on the meat. Good shootin'.

Comment

congrats on the kills

Comment

Congrats on the animals.

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for the recap!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Great cull buck and a monster hog! Can't beat that.

Comment

Congrats on the double! Great write up!

Comment

congrats on both

Comment

way to go,brother....

Comment

congrats! thanks for sharing

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...