Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My two top porkers out of Africa, taken in 2 weeks this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two top porkers out of Africa, taken in 2 weeks this year!

Whenever I get a chance to go hunting myself, I focus on pigs. They are a big challenge to hunt, hard work, but not expensive. At the ATA in January I met Tony from Slick Trick and offered some of the X-Tricks for me to try out. I had my piggies in mind so gladly excepted.

Tony, all I can say is THANKS man! Those broadheads are auwsum!!

Most people that know me will tell you that I rate Bushpigs as one of the most difficult PG animals to hunt.

Shooting a bow in pitch black darkness is not easy, no matter what you might think.

I used Nockturnal Nocks on all my pigs this year, without fail. They are very good lighted nocks.

My pig killing combo is a DXT Mathews, set at 70lbs, with Carbon Express MAxima 350 arrows, tipped by the new 175gr. X-trick from Slick trick. I know it's a weird combo, but no shots are taken over 20 yards, and man those X-tricks pack a huge wallop.

I also have a single post Truglo sight that I found the best for night shooting. There are a lot of more expensive models out there, but this one works the best for me without too much glare.
    Herewith the Pigs.

First up is the Bushpig Boar.
    I baited this sucker for about 4 weeks before I shot him.
    Trailcam pics in preperation:

We set up a gorilla pop-up hide provided by Archers Edge in Pretoria on a platform in a paperbark tree, about 4m's above the ground.
    On the given night I got in the tree at 17:30. At 18:45 it was all over. 18 yard quatering away shot through the heart. Notice the X-trick on my arrow in picture!

He weighed 96kg's live weight.

I was on a high from the success on this hunt and the celebrating fires and drinks were kept us up untill the small hours off the morning

Next up was a big wartie I badly wanted to shoot. I noticed a big boar coming in on a regular basis to a new waterhole we made, and decided to have crack at him. He had a bad wound on his left rump that looked like a lucky escape from a Leopard, but was in poor shape and had a good reason to believe he would not make it through the winter.

This time the X-trick was changed for a normal 125gr Slick Trick. I tried to film this hunt, but in the end killing the pig was more important and I did not get it on camera.
    The big boy swaggered in first and settled in the same spot to drink as here on the trailcamera. I was just getting ready for the draw when a younger boar ran in and stop right in front of my target. Something spooked the big boy and he jumped over the waterhole, to stand quatering away with his head up high. I picked a spot, drew the bow, exhaled, and never felt the touch of the release. The arrow found it's mark behind the shoulder, penetrating straight through the other side. I watched the pig go down 30 yards from the water, his heart torn to pieces.

Man I love those Slickies!

awesomeeee congrats

Comment

congrats on two fine trophys---

Comment

Congrats. Great lookin pigs.

Comment

those are awesome! congrats!

Comment

those pigs are awesome. That's one of my bucket-list items.

Comment

Nice hogs - congrats! Look at the tusks on the second! WOW

Comment

Very cool! Congrats!

Comment

Omg...... Its pumba !!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah nice werk bro..

Comment

KAP even in Africa. Good shootin, aye.

Comment

Those are some big cutters! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the pork!

Comment

Thank you all. Bushpig realy rocks my boat. Very very difficult to hunt. They have such fine tuned senses. Watched some You tube stuff on your ferrals....Now I must get into one of them when I get over there next year Jan!

Cheers from the sunny southern Africa!

Comment

2 great porkers! Congrats! Wish I was still over there hunting!

Comment

I really want one of those bushpigs!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X