A lot of first for one day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of first for one day.

Was out hunting public land with my brother this morning. About 10:30 he had a doe come in to about 10 yards, get spooked and back out to about 40. She then came back in, and when he fired, she jumped his string. First #1, first time he missed a deer with a bow. She ran off, but another pair came in abour 5 minutes later. He draws back again, and this one flies true. She runs 30 yards and crashes. First #2 first deer with this bow. First #3, first public land deer for him. We finally get her up to the truck and quartered. I return to hunting area, he takes off to find some ice. He makes it back about 30 minutes later. About 6:30, I have a spike walk in. I draw back, it stares at me through a tree. I get a case of the shakes, and it spooks. It runs about 15 feet and stops right in one of my shooting lanes. I take aim and let fly. Goes about 2 yards before crashing. I blew out the front shoulder, and had to put a second shot in him to finish the job. First #4, first legal deer ever (long story), First #5 first deer with a bow, First #6 first buck, first #7 first public land deer for me. So seven first, in one day, and that does not go into all the fun things involved and hauling (did I mention we hunt a mile for the parking lot) and cleaning them. Got to finish quartering out my critter, and get ready for bed (we are planning on being back in our trees before sun up.

Eagle

PS. I know it didn't happen without pictures, and I will post up the pics of the doe. The buck was not a quick kill, and I am not going to put super bloody pictures up, that the anti's can use against us. Therefore you will have to trust me that it did happen.

congrats

Comment

Congrats Philip! That is awesome! Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks.

Eagle

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Post up a pic of his giant rack, that's all we care about

Congrats Phillip. I'm glad you finally got your first deer with a bow. Now it is time to start whackin and stackin. I hope I get to tag alon on a few of them.

Comment

Congratulations brother, sounds like you boys had a stellar hunt

Comment

Nice work Phillip!!! Congrats on the first bow kill, and biggest buck of the year so far.

Comment

Turns out the photos I took were not to bad (dark enough to hide most of the blood). First picture is John's doe, second shot is my MONSTER buck.

Eagle
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats man. Good job!

Comment

Great Job Phillip. Glad you connected up there and thanks for the write up.

Manwitaplan

Comment

congrats

Comment

great group of Firsts!!!

Comment

good shot, congrats

Comment

Congrats on all the firsts.

Comment

Working...
                              X