F-15 broadhead 150" Non Typical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-15 broadhead 150" Non Typical

Saturday morning I was able to take my largest bow buck to date. I have been watching this buck for two years on camera and have over 250 images of him, but have never seen him in person. Well Saturday morning that all changed, he came in at daylight with a smaller buck and two does. I grabbed the Hoyt Maxxis and the new F-15 broadhead and let it fly on my non-typical standing at 21 yards. The buck jumped and ran up the hill and stopped again at 52 yards. I figured one arrow is good, two must be better so I renocked my bow and let another one fly. The second arrow found its mark also. However the deer ran off again, but I could see him bed down about 150 yards from me so I waited 2 hours before going to look for him.

This is where the day went bad for me. When I got up to the spot where I saw him bed down, he got up and ran. So I backed out, and came back several hours later and started looking again. Well 10 hours after the first shot I found the buck buried in a tree. After examining the shots, one was a liver shot and one was a lung shot (don't know which is which).

I am not real impressed with the damage the F-15 did on the deer. It dumped alot of blood, but not a lot of damage for fairly decent shots.

Any way I recovered the buck and am very happy with how my freak deer turned out.

Very Nice buck man, I like the freaks.... Congratulations....

Comment

Good buck. Like to get one that nice with my bow.

Comment

Great job love ones with character.

Comment

Great lookin' deer! Congrats.

Comment

I like 'em freaky! Congrats!

Comment

Great buck,Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck. Determination and luck finally paid off. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats, great buck

Comment

nice, had a doe do the same last weekend, high lung shot w/ rage 100gr . she bed down 50yrs out, I snuck out the other direction came back an hr later, she jumped an ran , i lost the trail .25mi later. She left a puddle of blood where she laid down but weak trail on the run.

Comment

Very cool deer! Congrats!

Comment

Very cool Buck,congrats

Comment

Cool lookin' buck!
                          Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on that freak! Glad you were able to recover him.

Comment

Awesome Buck ! Congrats !

Comment

Working...
                              X