Cull's Kinney County Management 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cull's Kinney County Management 8

Bruce (Archery1st) and I headed to the lease this past weekend to see if any new deer had shown up in our areas. I hunted a management deer Friday evening and saw him but he never came in. Saturday morning Bruce saw a 6 year old 8 point that was becoming a regular on his game came. Bruce took his management deer on our last trip and so he asked me if I would like to come hunt it. My deer had been hard to pattern and I thought a change in scenery and the chance at a new deer was just what the doctor ordered. He described the deer to me and showed me a couple of game cam pictures so I would be familiar with the deer.

We did some work in the pasture and around 4:15 I headed to Bruce’s stand. Not long after I sat down, a nice young 8 point jumped in the pen and soon other deer began to trickle in. After about an hour the deer in the pen all cowered as a new deer approached. The old 8 jumped in and took control of the area. Bruce’s blind is in a tower stand overlooking the pen. Since it was new to me, I ranged the deer at 22 yards and got ready for the shot. He turned slightly quartering away and I drew my Switchback. I released the arrow and the Thunderhead tipped Beman found the sweet spot. The arrow blew through him and he turned and jumped out of the pen.

As soon as he touched down outside the pen, I could see the blood spraying out both sides of his body. After a short 20 yard dash, the 8 was down. An old sheep walked over to him and baaaaaahhhhhed over him for 10 minutes. I laughed wondering what he was trying to tell him.

Thanks for the opportunity Bruce!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1728email.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	24828332

Great deer - congrats!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Nice Buck!

Comment

Very nice Steve. Congrats. Love them brows.... Got a big ol Meat head as well.. Nice Shooting.

Comment

Oh, and the Sheep was yelling.. Gggggeeeeeeetttttttuuuuuuupppppppppppp......

Comment

Awesome deer Cull

Comment

Great Deer

Comment

My goodness, what a bruiser. Congrats big brother!!

Bruce told he had some deer that needed to be eliminated. I had no clue any of them were that nice!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Nice work hand!.....and blessed by the almighty himself.........

Comment

Great Deer Steve! I love it when a plan comes together. Congrats again!

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        My goodness, what a bruiser. Congrats big brother!!

Bruce told he had some deer that needed to be eliminated. I had no clue any of them were that nice!!
                        Ya snooze ya loose.

Comment

He is a hoss! Congrats man!

Comment

Good looking deer, congrats!

Comment

Great looking buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X