Limestone/Robertson County Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limestone/Robertson County Report

Last weekend I saw some pre-rut activity with 3 small bucks kind of chasing 2 does around and then 2 of the bucks spared a little. Discovered numerous fresh rubs and scrapes so get ready guys the rut is getting close What have ya'll seen?

Haven't seen any rutting activity yet. Hopefully this weekend. Since you posted this I'll try some doe pee!

Comment

Limited rut sign here in southern Robertson County, but that might be misleading because of daytime temps. Bucks are mostly solo or small groups of young bucks and making scrapes and probably rubs, though not really been looking for them. Have seen some sparring between young bucks. However, the heat and dryness have kept most of the activity nocturnal. Have seen one mature deer early in the morning out on a cruise, but could not grunt him in. However, the calender says it should be time for them to start running does and for us to pull out the rattling horns and calls. Lots of acorns out there and none spoiling, so deer are getting plenty to eat right now. Tough on the hunters, easy on the deer. If we get a cold front or a rainy day, get in the stand.

Comment

there arent any deer in Limestone county we all know this...

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
          there arent any deer in Limestone county we all know this...
          Not true!!! There was one but I killed it two weekends ago!

Comment

Wont be many left after the two bucks ruling put into effect

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
              Wont be many left after the two bucks ruling put into effect
              Ummm, no, the whole reason for the new AR regulation is to INCREASE the deer heard. Numbers and quality! Within a nother season or two we will be seeing more and bigger deer!

Comment

Groesbeck,TX

Starting on Nov. 3rd there has been full on rut happening. We saw 6 bucks in 15 minutes driving around the ranch. 1 was a nice shooter and about a 10 pointer. Nov. 7th I also saw 6 bucks from my stand all chasing after doe. Nov. 13th my buddy killed a nice 8 pointer that would score about 120-125. I also was able to rattle a buck in, but he was young. Good luck, I will be back out there this weekend!

Comment

Same here. I've seen bucks following or chasing every weekend since youth weekend. Hope it keeps up. We usually see good rutting on thanksgiving weekend. I'll be back at it this weekend too.

Comment

Working...
                  X