Great Start To The 2010/2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Start To The 2010/2011 Season

Well I took off early on Friday and made it to the ranch with just enough time to change and get into the stand. This is a new ranch and we decided to just shoot cull bucks this year. I was going after a deer we named Floppy, a 6.5 year old deer with very recognizable ears. He was coming to one stand in particular and luckily for me the wind was perfect. I got in the stand and before I could even get set up I had two does come in, I knew it was going to be a good hunt. Soon after the feeder went off the does left and I caught movement. As soon as I saw him I knew it was Floppy, he came right on in to the feeder. It seemed too good to be true, there he was steps away from my shooting lane and what do you know, he turns around and starts feeding on the back side of the feeder. I wondered if it was going to happen and then he turned back and started to come in. Before I knew it he was back , I took my time, came to full draw and let it fly. The hit was a little low but I could instantly saw blood and knew he would not make it far. I got down check the arrow and started to follow the blood. 50 yards into he track and there he was, he is my biggest buck to date.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Floppy2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	24826540
    190 lbs live weight, he was a true protein hog. Truly a great start to the season. Thanks for reading
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Congrats nice buck

Comment

Boo-yah!!! Well done sir! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great job. Thanks for the post and the pic.

Comment

Congrats, very nice buck.

Comment

Congrats on the harvest. Nice buck.

Comment

nice buck and video, congrats

Comment

Nice Buck...

Comment

Congrats on your biggest to date. Great video as well.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice Buck

Comment

Congrats, nice deer!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Nice job Blake!
                            At 6.5 and clearly not one of the better bucks on the ranch, it was his time to go. Not to mention the tons of protein that TOAD was eating!

Congrats!

Comment

Great job. Congratulations Blake

Comment

Working...
                              X