Great First Bow Hunt Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great First Bow Hunt Ever

My first bow hunt happened Saturday in Blanco County. I got to my tree stand about 3:45 and had one OK 8-point come in almost immediately. The first pic below is of this buck and taken from my stand. This was not the deer I wanted so I just watched him for about 15 minutes until he wandered off. Then a group of does and two small bucks came in. After about 20 minutes I got busted when a deer came in from an unexpected direction -right under my stand. I thought the gig was up but about 6 pm I heard the crunches of hoofs on leaves and the deer I was looking for came in just like I hoped he would - from a trail to the left. He was broadside and feeding happily. I drew and he raised his head and I let fly. The arrow looked like a good hit and the buck lept straight in the air and took off back the way he came in. I could only see the direction he ran which was back the way he came in. I waited 30 minutes and then climbed out of the stand. The shot was a pass through and when I found the arrow it was slicked with blood. I began looking for my buck and was a bit worried as there was not that much light left and I was by myself. Even though the arrow passed through, I only found a tiny spot of blood. After about 20 minutes, I was really getting nervous. About that time, I walked past a bruch pile, looked to my left and there he was. The pic below is taken where I found him and as he lay. The photo of me is not that good because, as I said, I was by myself and had to take this with my iPhone in one hand while holding the antlers. The last shot is of the beautiful sunset I enjoyed as I was taking the buck to the house. This was the first time I ever bow hunted and I feel so blessed to have had this experience and wanted to share it with everyone. I will put this one one the wall.
    Attached Files

awesome congrats sir!

Comment

congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

Cool Hunt, Congrats................

Comment

Great shot. Looks like your setup is done nicely with front cover as well.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats, i dare say, you are ruined now. Bowhuntin' is addictive!

Comment

good job he is a good one for your first congrats

Comment

Congrats on your first and a great buck.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

nice job man!

Comment

Great looking 8pt. Congrats on the first bowkill.

Comment

Congrats! Beautiful 8pt.

Comment

Way to go!!!! You will never forget this one

Comment

Working...
                              X