2nd Notch in Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Notch in Belt

Many of you read about my first ever bow kill, a buck I got last weekend. Went back to the scene of the crime yesterday evening looking for does and/or culls (let someone else have a chance at a big one now that I have mine). Wouldn't you know it but a very nice 5.5 yr. old 8 shows up! Fun to watch but decided to pass. Around dusk a tall (appr. 9") spike starts working his way to the feeder. Arrow nocked, in position, ready...and he jerks his head up, spins, flags and bolts. Fast. Several seconds later a guy in a Kawasaki Mule drives up to my feeder!!!!!!!!!. I yelled at him to stop, about JUMPED out of my tripod and started a very direct inquiry. As it turned out the landowner's Dad was out there, had a guest who's son asked if he could go cruising around on his Mule. Forgetting we were out there he allowed it. Honest mistake, he felt horrible and committed it was the last time that would ever happen. Called it a night.

So, this morning I went to my new tripod, first time I had hunted it. Terrible set up!!! All I could see was under the feeder. Seemed good when we set it up but it was awful to hunt. Decided to move it as soon as the hunt was over. Not a hair all morning so decided to get down around 9:00. Started preparing to climb down, one last look, two does under feeder. One came home with me. Double lung, ran about 40 yds and piled up. No LDP's (yeah, I know) but I needed to get the blind and feeder moved to a better location and get back to town.

Great to be out, great to get that second deer...oh, by the way, think I will have a RIFLE for sale,

way to go !

Comment

a few archery kills and the rifle collects dust, Sweet!! Congrats on your success.
      What ranch you hunt in Killeen area? I'm just down the rd. and grew up there

Comment

Big congrats! Good will power on not shooting the guy on the Kawasaki! =)

Comment

Well done!!!!

Comment

Good job bub!

Comment

Comment

Cool !!!!

Comment

Congrats on the freezer filler!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats on the Doe

Comment

Like it!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              a few archery kills and the rifle collects dust, Sweet!! Congrats on your success.
                              What ranch you hunt in Killeen area? I'm just down the rd. and grew up there
                              Its land owned by the Duncans. Know 'em?

Comment

Working...
                              X